Product Id: 29665891
Description: Ixia Net Optics Flex Tap 50/50 - Tap splitter - 40 Gigabit LAN - 40GBASE-SR - 850 nm - 1U
Mfr Part #: TPX-40-SR-50-50-MTP
The Net Optics Flex tap delivers total traffic visibility for network monitoring and security tools. Deploying this network tap on any network link with a universal rack mount will reduce rack space usage and improve optical signal reliability. The high-density design of the Flex tap lets you install up to 24 taps in one rack mount unit. The Flex tap requires no power to function and maintains permanent passive access monitor ports without introducing a point of failure in the network.
The monitoring device connected to the tap provides all full-duplex traffic as if it was inline, including Layer 1 and Layer 2 errors. Without the requirement for an IP address, Flex tap is isolated from external access, eliminating its exposure to remote attacks. Flex tap can be deployed at any inline connection on the network, providing complete network visibility and access. Because Flex tap is installed inline, there is no additional overhead added to the network devices to copy traffic for the monitoring tools.
- Advanced optical technology, great signal reliability
- Ultimate modular density; up to 24 taps per 1U
- Compatible with all protocols and monitoring devices
- Multimode dual LC / MTP uses multimode OM4 50µm fiber optics
- Non-disruptive and transparent
- Requires no power and does not have an IP address, providing safety from remote attacks
- Color-coded for easy port monitoring on LC connectors in single mode fiber