Product Id: 29665631
Description: Ixia Net Optics iBypass 3 Copper - Network bypass unit - GigE - plug-in module
Mfr Part #: I3BP-CU3
Ixia Net Optics 10/100/1000 copper bypass switches provide a permanent and trouble-free access port for in-line network security and monitoring devices. The bypass switch automatically switches network traffic through added in-line devices or bypasses devices that are about to be removed. Prevent link failure when attached IPS and IDS devices lose power by powering the bypass switch and in-line device from the same power source.
- Fail-open monitoring with any 10/100/1000 in-line appliance at speeds of up to1000 Mbps
- Increased reliability on critical network links
- High-speed switching
- LED indicators show power, speed, link, and activity status
- Plug and play operation with easy installation
- Optional 19-inch rack frames holds up to 8 bypass switches
- Compatible with all major manufacturers' in-line monitoring devices
- Simply plug it in
High-availability for links with in-line devices is a snap with supplied cables. All network and monitoring cables necessary for Plug-and-Play deployment are included with the Bypass Switch.
- Uninterrupted traffic
When the Bypass Switch loses power, in-line traffic continues to flow through the network link, but is no longer routed through the device. This allows the network devices to be removed and replaced without network downtime. Once power is restored to the Bypass Switch, network traffic is seamlessly diverted to the in-line device, allowing it to resume its critical functions.