Product Id: 29665561
Description: Ixia Net Optics 10G Regen Tap RG-850 - Tap splitter - GigE - 1000Base-LX
Mfr Part #: RG-850
Ixia Net Optics 10G Regen Taps solve the key physical layer challenges of multi-device monitoring for 10 Gigabit and gigabit networks. For a complete picture of network health, these taps connect up to eight different network management and security devices at any single network location.
Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single Regen Tap. Maximize resources and save on access points when multiple devices can monitor the same traffic simultaneously through a single Regen Tap.
These 10 GigaBit Regen Taps have SFP+ monitor ports so they can attach to monitoring equipment with any type of interface: singlemode fiber, multimode fiber, and copper. Just plug in the appropriate SFP+ transceiver modules for as many and whatever types of tools you want to connect.
Without an IP address, monitoring devices are isolated from the network, dramatically reducing their exposure to attacks. However, the monitoring device connected to the tap still sees all full-duplex traffic as if it were inline, including Layer 1 and Layer 2 errors.
For extra uptime protection, Ixia Net Optics Taps offer redundant power connections. Should the primary power source fail, the Tap automatically switches to the backup power source. Power LEDs on the front of the tap indicate the current power.
- Enables real-time monitoring of two switch SPAN ports or one Inline link
- Provides complete visibility at 1Gbps or 10Gbps without data stream interference or introducing a point of failure
- Passes all traffic - including errors - from all layers for comprehensive troubleshooting
- No IP address is needed for the Tap or monitoring device, enhancing security
- LED indicators show redundant power, speed, and link status
- Redundant power ensures monitoring uptime
- Front-mounted connectors support easy installation and operation
- SFP monitor ports enable flexibility on monitor tool interface
- No Y-cables, each half- duplex data stream has 8 monitor ports
- Compatible with all major manufacturers' monitoring devices, including protocol analyzers, probes, and intrusion detection systems