Product Id: 29665553
Description: Net Optics 8x1 10 GigaBit Inline Regeneration Tap RG-840 - Tap splitter - 1000Base-SX - 850 nm - 1U
Mfr Part #: RG-840
Ixia Net Optics 10G Regen Taps solve the key physical layer challenges of multi-device monitoring of networks. For a complete picture of network health, these taps connect different network management and security devices at any single network location. Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single Regen Tap. Maximize resources and save on access points when multiple devices can monitor the same traffic simultaneously through a single Regen Tap.
- Enables real-time monitoring of two switch SPAN ports or one Inline link
- Passes all traffic from all layers for comprehensive troubleshooting
- No IP address is needed for the Tap or monitoring device, enhancing security
- LED indicators show redundant power, speed, and link status
- Redundant power ensures monitoring uptime
- Front-mounted connectors support easy installation and operation
- SFP monitor ports enable flexibility on monitor tool interface
- No Y-cables, each half-duplex data stream has 8 monitor ports
- Regeneration tap
Net Optics regeneration taps enable the ability for multiple tools to monitor the same network traffic while adding the flexibility of modular SFP based monitor ports. Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single regeneration tap. Save on mirror ports or additional tools by allowing multiple tools to monitor the same traffic simultaneously through one regeneration tap.
- Modular SFP ports
For optimal flexibility, the regeneration tap have 16 SFP monitor ports so they can connect to any monitoring tool with any type of fiber interface: single mode and multimode. Just plug in the appropriate SFP transceiver modules for as many and whatever types of tools you want to connect.
For extra uptime protection, Net Optics taps offer redundant power connections. Should one power source fail, the tap continues to operate normally using only the remaining power source. Power LEDs on the front of the tap indicate the current power sources.