Product Id: 29665430
Description: Net Optics 8x1 10 GigaBit Inline Regeneration Tap RG-843X - Tap splitter - 10 GigE - 10GBase-SR - 850 nm - 1U
Mfr Part #: RG-843X
Ixia Net Optics 10G Regen Taps solve the key physical layer challenges of multi-device monitoring for 10 Gigabit and gigabit networks. For a complete picture of network health, these taps connect up to eight different network management and security devices at any single network location.
Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single Regen Tap. Maximize resources and save on access points when multiple devices can monitor the same traffic simultaneously through a single Regen Tap. These 10 GigaBit Regen Taps have SFP+ monitor ports so they can attach to monitoring equipment with any type of interface: singlemode fiber, multimode fiber, and copper. Just plug in the appropriate SFP+ transceiver modules for as many and whatever types of tools you want to connect.
- Enables real-time monitoring of two switch SPAN ports or one Inline link
- Provides complete visibility at 1Gbps or 10Gbps without data stream interference or introducing a point of failure
- Passes all traffic - including errors - from all layers for comprehensive troubleshooting
- No IP address is needed for the Tap or monitoring device, enhancing security
- LED indicators show redundant power, speed, and link status
- Redundant power ensures monitoring uptime
- Front-mounted connectors support easy installation and operation
- SFP monitor ports enable flexibility on monitor tool interface
- Available in SPAN, Inline, and - L models
- No Y-cables, each halfduplex data stream has 8 monitor ports
- Compatible with all major manufacturers' monitoring devices, including protocol analyzers, probes, and intrusion detection systems
- Regeneration tap
Net Optics regeneration taps enable the ability for multiple tools to monitor the same network traffic while adding the flexibility of modular SFP based monitor ports. Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single regeneration tap. Save on mirror ports or additional tools by allowing multiple tools to monitor the same traffic simultaneously through one regeneration tap.
- Modular SFP ports
For optimal flexibility, the regeneration tap have 16 SFP monitor ports so they can connect to any monitoring tool with any type of fiber interface: single mode and multimode. Just plug in the appropriate SFP transceiver modules for as many and whatever types of tools you want to connect.
For extra uptime protection, Net Optics taps offer redundant power connections. Should one power source fail, the tap continues to operate normally using only the remaining power source. Power LEDs on the front of the tap indicate the current power sources.