Product Id: 29479089
Description: Fortinet FortiGate 5001D - Security appliance - 10 GigE, 40 Gigabit LAN - plug-in module
Mfr Part #: FG-5001D
The FortiGate 5000 series security systems use highly flexible AdvancedTCA (ATCA)-compliant architecture to protect cloud-based security-as-a-service and infrastructure-as-a-service environments. The 5000 series offers modular carrier-class hardware components with advanced Security Processing Unit (SPU) acceleration and consolidated security from the FortiOS operating system.
- Two front panel QSFP+ 40-gigabit interfaces (port1 and port2) accelerated by FortiASIC NP6 network processors
- Port1 and port2 can each be split into four 10-gigabit ports using the config system global set split-port command)
- Two front panel SFP+ 10-gigabit interfaces (port3 and port4) also accelerated by FortiASIC NP6 network processors (can also be configured as SFP 1-gigabit interfaces)
- Two front panel 10/100/1000Base-T copper 1-gigabit management ethernet interfaces (mgmt1 and mgmt2)
- Two base backplane 1-gigabit interfaces (base1 and base2) for HA heartbeat communications across the FortiGate-5000 chassis base backplane
- Two fabric backplane 40-gigabit interfaces (fabric1 and fabric2) for data communications across the FortiGate-5000 chassis fabric backplane
- Two NP6 network processors that accelerate traffic on the interfaces port1, port2 port3, port4, fabirc1, and fabric2
- Four CP8 content processors that accelerate IPS, SSL VPN, and IPsec VPN
- Internal 200 GByte SSD for storing log messages, DLP archives, historic reports, IPS packet archiving, file quarantine, WAN Optimization byte caching and web caching
- One RJ-45 RS-232 serial console connection
- 1 USB connector
- NMI switch for troubleshooting as recommended by Fortinet Support
- Mounting hardware
- LED status indicators
- Security blades
High-performance security blades apply access policies and security profiles on the traffic they receive via backplane or front panel interfaces.
- Flaxible system
The chassis enables the flexible system to scale effortlessly by allowing blades to be hot swapped according to desired requirements. The system can also be configured for various resilience designs within the chassis as well as between chassis.