Product Id: 29453029
Description: Emulex 16Gb FC Single-port HBA for IBM System x - Host bus adapter - PCIe 2.0 x8 - 16Gb Fibre Channel - for System x3100 M5; x3250 M4; x35XX M3; x3650 M3; x3650 M4 HD; x3690 X5; x3755 M3; x3850 X5
Mfr Part #: 81Y1655
IBM Gen 5 FC HBAs were designed to support large virtualized, cloud and mission critical database environments. The single-channel IBM features the Emulex bulletproof driver-stack, backward compatibility to 4 GFCHBAs and rocks solid reliability.
- Improves IT staff productivity through simplified deployment and management
- Reduces the number of cards, cables and PCIe slots required
- Exceptional performance per watt and price / performance ratios
- Integrates seamlessly into existing SANs
- Assures data availability and data integrity
- VScale performance and scalability - multi-core ASIC engine with eight cores supports 255 VFs, 1024 MSi-X and 8192 logins/open exchanges for maximum VM density up to 4x more than other adapters
- GreenState power efficiency reduces data center power consumption and associated OPEX by delivering exceptional power to port ratios
- BlockGuard data integrity enables end-to-end protection against silent data corruption
- VEngine CPU offload lowers CPU burden on host server, enabling support for more VMs
- Rock-solid reliability and thermal characteristics, essential for mission-critical, cloud and virtualized applications
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), improves host utilization and enhances application performance
- Support for 16GFC, 8 Gb and 4 Gb FC devices
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric
- Host-to-fabric Fiber Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP) authentication
- Proven design, architecture and interface
IBM Gen 5 FC HBAs highly integrated multiprocessor design minimizes onboard components to improve host performance and efficiency. Advanced error checking features ensure the integrity of block data as it traverses the Storage Area Network (SAN). Emulex's firmware-based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique fourth generation Service Level Interface allows use of a common driver across all models of IBM-branded Emulex HBAs on a given operating system (OS) platform. Installation and management facilities are designed to minimize server reboots and further simplify deployment.
- Powerful management software for maximum data center efficiency
The Emulex OneCommand Manager enterprise class management application features a multiprotocol, cross-platform architecture, that provides centralized management of all Emulex HBAs and Universal Converged Network Adapters (UCNAs). This enables IT administrators to manage Fiber Channel (FC), Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Network Interface Card (NIC) adapters with one tool for maximum efficiency. The unique OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter enables adapters to be managed directly within the VMware environment, further simplifying the management process.