Product Id: 29332441
Description: Brocade ICX 7450-48P - Switch - L3 - managed - 40 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 8 x 10/100/1000 (PoH) + 2 x 40 Gigabit QSFP+ - rack-mountable - PoH
Mfr Part #: ICX7450-48P-STK-E
The Brocade ICX 7450 Switch delivers the performance, flexibility, and scalability required for enterprise Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) access deployment. It offers market-leading stacking density with up to 12 switches (576 1 GbE and 48 10 GbE ports) per stack and combines chassis-level performance and reliability with the flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and "pay as you grow" scalability of a stackable solution. In addition, this stackable switch is the first in its class to offer 40 GbE uplinks, enabling enterprises to dramatically increase their network capacity while using their existing optical wire infrastructure.
- Provides a unique modular design providing ultimate flexibility and "pay as you grow" scalability
- Delivers market-leading stacking scalability with up to 12 switches per stack, 160 Gbps of stacking bandwidth, and long-distance stacking using open standards QSFP+ ports to enable single point management across the campus
- Provides OpenFlow support in true hybrid port mode, enabling Software-Defined Networking (SDN) for programmatic control of network data flows
- Offers Power over HDBaseT (PoH), to power video surveillance and video conferencing equipment, VDI terminals, and HD displays directly from the switch
- Scale-out as demand grows
The Brocade ICX 7450 is easy to deploy, manage, and integrate into both new and existing networks. Organizations can buy only what they need today, and easily scale out as demand grows and new technologies emerge.
- sFlow-based "Always-on" network monitoring
sFlow is a modern, standards-based network export protocol (RFC 3176) that addresses many of the challenges that network managers face today. By embedding sFlow hardware support into the Brocade ICX 7450, Brocade delivers an "always-on" technology that operates with wire-speed performance. sFlow dramatically reduces implementation costs compared to traditional network monitoring solutions that rely on mirrored ports, probes, and line-tap technologies. Moreover, sFlow gives organizations full, enterprise-wide monitoring capability for every port in the network.
- Simplified, automated deployment with auto-configuration
The Brocade ICX 7450 supports auto-configuration, simplifying deployment with a truly plug-and-play experience. Organizations can use this feature to automate IP address and feature configuration of the switches without requiring a highly trained network engineer onsite. When the switches power up, they automatically receive an IP address and configuration from DHCP and Trivial File Transport Protocol (TFTP) servers. At this time, the switches can also automatically receive a software update to be at the same code revision as currently installed switches.
- Open standards management
The Brocade ICX 7450 includes an industry standard Command Line Interface (CLI) and supports Secure Shell (SSHv2), Secure Copy (SCP), and SNMPv3 to restrict and encrypt management communications to the system. In addition, support for Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS/TACACS+) and RADIUS authentication helps ensure secure operator access.
- Enterprise-class availability
When every second matters, Brocade ICX 7450 switches help deliver continuous availability to optimize the user experience. Brocade stacking technology delivers high availability, performing real-time state synchronization across the stack and enabling instantaneous hitless failover to a standby controller in the unlikely event of a failure of the master stack controller. Organizations also can use hot-insertion removal of stack members to avoid interrupting service when adding a switch to increase the capacity of a stack or replacing a switch that needs servicing.