Product Id: 29278884
Description: HPE Smart Array P840/4GB with FBWC - Storage controller (RAID) - 16 Channel - SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 12Gb/s - 1.2 GBps - RAID 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 ADM, 10 ADM - PCIe 3.0 x8 - for ProLiant DL360 Gen9, DL360 Gen9 Base, DL360 Gen9 Entry, DL360 Gen9 Performance
Mfr Part #: 766205-B21
The HP smart array P840 controller is a full height controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance, increased internal scalability, and data protection for HP ProLiant Gen9 rack and tower servers. It features 16 internal physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality, including online RAID level migration between any RAID levels with FBWC, global online spare, and pre-failure warning. This controller supports 16 drives without need for the SAS Expander Card providing point to point connectivity to SSDs for lower latency. This controller has transportable FBWC allowing the data in the cache to be migrated to a new controller.
- The P840 Controller supports up to 16 drives without need for expander card. For example
- Seamless upgrades to and from other HP Smart Array controllers
- Attachment to internal drive backplanes
- Mix-and- match SAS and SATA drives. Deploy drive technology as needed to fit the computing environment
- Capable of supporting both legacy and UEFI boot operation on Gen9 servers
- Recovery ROM protects against ROM corruption
- The HP SSD Smart Path feature included in the Smart Array software stack improves SSD read for all RAID levels and RAID 0 write operations by optimizing the path to each SSD attached to the controller
- The HP Secure Encryption, available as an option, is a Smart Array controller-based data encryption solution for ProLiant Gen9 servers that protect sensitive, mission critical data
- Power efficiency
- Rapid rebuild
- Data compatibility among all models of Smart Array controllers
Allows simple and easy upgrades any time needs for higher performance, capacity, and availability increase. Even successive generations of Smart Array controllers understand the data format of other Smart Array Controllers.
- Consistent configuration and management tools
Most current shipping Smart Array products utilize a standard set of management and utility software. These tools minimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by reducing training requirements and technical expertise necessary to install and maintain the HP server storage.
- Smart carrier is used across multiple HP Servers. With compatibility across many enterprise platforms, you are free to deploy and re-deploy these drives to quickly deliver increased storage capacity, migrate data between systems, and easily manage spare drives.