Product Id: 29142598
Description: Imagine Communications Videotek VSG-4MTG - Master timing generator
Mfr Part #: VSG-4MTG
The VSG4MTG is part of the Imagine Communications reference sync and timing platform, and is a 1/2 RU wide, 1 RU tall and 12 inches deep 3G/HD/SD master timing generator. The unit is small in size, with redundant power supply inputs, and is low in power consumption and light in weight, making it a perfect fit for all broadcast television and post production environments.
An internal timing engine processes the incoming reference information, makes appropriate conversions to different time bases and maintains a consistent time base, which is used to drive the unit's outputs. Using a combination of parameters such as leap second information, DST (Daylight Savings Time) rules, and offset values, the VSG4MTG can be configured to convert incoming International Atomic Time (TAI) to other time bases. This time is then distributed to the module's outputs as time and date information, color black video reference signals and DARS (Digital Audio Reference Signal) or word clock.
The VSG4MTG has 5 outputs that can user selected for color black or tri level sync with individual offsets and formats. This provides for multiple format timing from a single reference source. The VSG4MTG also provides outputs that include NTP master, PTP master, VITC, and LTC outputs with individual offsets on all outputs, as well as DARS (digital audio reference signal) or word clock output.
The easy to use front panel and web user interface allow for instantaneous status on any source or output including date, time and lock information. The VSG4MTG provides for daylight savings time and time zone offsets, with an auto changeover function for source failures with primary and secondary source selection for maintaining the uninterruptable status that is required by the most stringent systems.
- Genlocks to standard color black meeting NTSC
- Genlock to tri level sync meeting SMPTE ST
- Support for various time code formats and time code user bit formats, including SMPTE/EBU drop frame or non drop frame time code formats
- GPS support via 10 MHz, PPS and RS232 interfaces
- NTP and PTP (IEEE1588) support via a network connection
- VITC support from color black reference input and on color black outputs
- LTC, DVITC and ATC support
- Redundant external power supply
- Two LTC outputs
- Configurable DST and leap second changes
- Auto detection for input sources
- User definable scheduled call outs to time reference sources, such as GPS receivers
- User programmable delays for input and output, offsets, time code offsets, output phasing, and input and output jam syncs
- Display of current local time and date