Product Id: 29103843
Description: VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery - Subscription license (1 year) + Production Support - 1 TB standard storage capacity - hosted - volume, prepaid - Tier 1 - US - Virginia Data Center
Mfr Part #: HSR-A2AS1-12PT1-C1S
vCloud Hybrid Service - Disaster Recovery is a RaaS offering owned and operated by VMware, built on vSphere Replication and vCloud Hybrid Service - a hybrid cloud platform for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). Together, these components form a straightforward service-oriented approach to extending disaster recovery capabilities and protection coverage to any business or mission-critical application running in a vSphere virtual environment.
Disaster Recovery leverages vSphere Replication to provide robust, asynchronous replication capabilities at the hypervisor layer. This approach to replication allows for virtual machines in
vSphere to be easily configured for disaster recovery without the traditional dependencies on underlying infrastructure hardware or data center mirroring. Per virtual machine replication and restore granularity further provides the ability to meet dynamic recovery objectives without overshooting actual business requirements for disaster recovery as they change over time.
Disaster Recovery also takes advantage of the cloud, using vCloud Hybrid Service as a scalable platform for compute infrastructure and storage capacity. By utilizing a secure, multi tenant cloud architecture, Disaster Recovery is able to address variable capacity requirements needed to support common disaster recovery use cases, such as replication, failover and recovery, at a significantly reduced price point over traditional in-house disaster recovery solutions or managed service alternatives. Combined with an unprecedented degree of self- serviceability over what to protect and when, Disaster Recovery makes it easy to enable hybrid-aware BC/DR capabilities for broadscale adoption across the virtualized enterprise.
- Hybrid cloud compatible business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities at your fingertips through native integration in VMware vCenter
- Enhanced recovery times for business and mission-critical applications running on vSphere
- Application-agnostic protection through virtual machine encapsulation and replication
- Hardware independence for consistent replication and recovery support throughout data center upgrade and lifecycle changes
- Significant cost reductions in overall disaster recovery planning by using the cloud for simplified failover and recovery operations
- Scalable disaster recovery protection capacity in the cloud to address changing business requirements
- Production-level support and SLAs backed by VMware
- Self-Service disaster recovery protection
Disaster Recovery enables self-service protection for up to 500 virtual machines per subscription on an as-needed basis. Using vSphere Replication and seamless integration with VMware
vCenter, Disaster Recovery delivers simplified entitlement controls to register individual virtual machines with the service and enable recovery in the cloud.
- Industry-standard recovery time objectives
Disaster Recovery guarantees an RTO of 4 hours whenever a test failover or live recovery operation is being performed per virtual machine. This Service Level Agreement (SLA) objective ensures any virtual machine recovered within vCloud Hybrid Service can be powered on and remotely accessed.
- Automated failover testing, planned migrations and recovery
Disaster Recovery provides built-in automated workflows to perform failover tests, planned migrations and live recovery per virtual machine. Workflow execution and task management from both vSphere Replication and the vCloud Hybrid Service Console ensure access to the Disaster Recovery environment at all times.
- Elastic cloud compute and storage
Disaster Recovery offers flexible subscription options to support frictionless right-sizing of disaster recovery environments and can expand to support variable change in the number of virtual machines that need to be protected. Capacity elections for cloud computing capacity and storage are reserved to guarantee resource availability at all times.
- Offline data seeding
Using vCloud Connector Offline Data Transfer, Disaster Recovery can support large volume data transfers of virtual machines and their data to vCloud Hybrid Service prior to replicating over.
- Private leased line networks
Leveraging vCloud Hybrid Service - Direct Connect, Disaster Recovery offers the option of private leased line networks to carry replication traffic between a primary data center and vCloud Hybrid Service up to 1 Gbps.
- Flexible failover testing
Disaster Recovery includes the option to test various failover scenarios as often as necessary during the service period, by offering a-la-carte failover tests.