Product Id: 28986101
Description: BUSlink CipherShield Encrypted DSC-500SSDU3S - Solid state drive - encrypted - 500 GB - external ( portable ) - 2.5" - USB 3.0 / eSATA-300
Mfr Part #: DSC-500SSDU3S
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Units are supplied with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
Buslink CipherShield AES 128-bit Encrypted Portable drive ensures high level of data integrity and security. FDE (Full Disk Encryption) supports ecryption of the whole hard drive. The drive will automatically lock down its content once power is shut off and key is removed. And without matching access key, data will still be encrypted in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Hardware encyption ensures faster encryption speed than software solution.
SSD offers the advantage of faster speed and durability. At the size of 2.5" and weight of only 1.5 lbs, the Buslink CipherShield Encrypted Portable drive is so compact - it will fit in your pocket. Plug and play supports quick and easy installation; no separate driver needed. It draws power from the USB bus even when using eSATA; it does not require a power adapter. Fast USB 3.0 interface supports transferring files at the speed of up to 5 Gbps. Backward compatibility with USB 2.0 allows connection to most systems. It is perfect for secure, lightweight, fast, and reliable storage solution.
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with CipherKey to authenticate the drive
- FDE (Full Disk Encryption) encrypt whole hard drive
- Encryption code is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- NIST compliant AES 128-bit hardware encryption algorithm
- HIPAA compliant
- Faster, easier to use, and provides better security than software encryption
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers or software
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface for data transfer up to 5 Gbit/s
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- eSATA interface for faster transfer
- SSD for speed and durability
- Draws power from the USB bus even when using eSATA
- Plug and Play installation means no separate driver is required
- Lightweight and attractive slim design with metal alloy case that dissipates heat
- NTFS preformatted for PC; can be reformatted for Mac/Linux