Product Id: 28922570
Description: Black Box Wizard DP Extender - KVM / audio / USB extender - USB - up to 150 m - 1U
Mfr Part #: ACU5800A
The Black Box DisplayPort Extender is a high performance KVM extender that enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station while maintaining the same user desktop experience.
It can transmit two 1920 x 1200 video streams or one higher resolution video stream (2560 x 1600 WQXGA), digital audio (S/PDIF), analog audio, High-Speed USB 2.0 and USB 2.0 (full and low speed) over CATx cables.
- Enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure environment
- Extend the user workstation away from the CPU, while maintaining the user desktop experience
- Extension distance is up to 492 feet (150 m) for a single 1920 x 1080 screen, depending on cable type
- Extension distance is 330 feet (100 m) for two 1920 x 1200 screens, or a single high resolution screen to 2560 x 1600
- Supports Mac cinema display (2560 x 1440)
- USB 2.0 High-Speed for mass storage devices
- Supports keyboard, mouse, tablet, and touchscreens
- S/PDIF, and analog audio
- Can also support 1920 x 1080 at 120 Hz when using a single video channel
- Uncompressed system
- Receiver supports DisplayPort dual mode, which allows monitors that only support HDMI or DVI to be used
- Enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics, tablets, and more
- Includes intelligent EDID management
- Digital audio
- HD quality analog audio
- Use one CATx cable for basic performance and two CATx cables for highest performance
- Perfect digital video, real time control
The system is uncompressed, sending every pixel of every frame without loss. The receiver supports DisplayPort dual mode (DP++), meaning monitors that only support HDMI or DVI can be used (with the correct adapter cable).
- Single CATx cable
Video, USB, and audio all pass along a single cable. A second CATx cable is required for the High-Speed USB 2.0 extension and increased video bandwidth.
- Up to 492 feet (150 m) extension distances
Distance is dependent on the monitor resolution, number of monitors, cable type, and the number of connection breaks for patch panels and wall plates.
- USB 2.0
It is enables connection of any USB human interface device from mice and keyboards through to graphics tablets, jog wheels, joysticks and 3D explorers. Mass storage devices and isochronous devices such as webcams and headsets can be used through the transparent USB 2.0 High-Speed port.
- EDID management
The system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer.
- Plug and Play
This extender solution is plug-and-play. There is no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- Digital audio
It is supports the S/PDIF interface via an optical 3.5 mm jack socket (dual use with analog audio via mini Toslink).
- HD-quality analog audio
HD-audio quality (stereo channel 24 bit sampled at 96 kHz) is available to transfer audio from local to remote for line in/line. Headsets with integrated microphone use cases are also supported.