Product Id: 28914662
Description: Brocade MLX - Expansion module - 10 Gigabit SFP+ / SFP (mini-GBIC) x 20
Mfr Part #: BR-MLX-10GX20-M
The Brocade MLX half-slot 20-port 10 GbE combo module for Brocade MLXe Core Routers delivers 400 Gbps of throughput per half-slot module without compromising the performance of features such as Layer 2, IPv4, IPv6, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), OpenFlow-based Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and MAC security (MACsec). The 10 GbE combo ports deliver flexibility and scalability by enabling up to 640 ports of wire-speed 10 GbE in a single chassis. This high-density module also uses less infrastructure to deliver services by helping to collapse network architectures, vastly improving operational efficiency and helping to reduce costs.
- Delivers 400 Gbps of throughput per half-slot module with full Layer 2, IPv4, IPv6, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), and OpenFlow performance
- Provides unmatched scalability and flexibility with 640 wire-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports in a single chassis
- Delivers integrated hardware support for OpenFlow 1.3 in the industry's only true hybrid port mode, enabling Software-Defined Networking (SDN) for increased agility and programmatic control of the network
- Is hardware-enabled for industry-standard MAC security (MACsec), enabling data privacy with support for flexible policy application on customer-owned networks
- Provides a scalable and flexible solution for Internet service provider networks, cloud data center cores and borders, High-Performance Computing (HPC) networks, secure campus cores, and mobile and data center visibility applications
- Ensuring data privacy through high-performance encryption
Today's organizations face a wide range of data privacy challenges, from cyber attacks and third-party snooping on private networks, to compliance and regulatory requirements. Ensuring data privacy throughout the network is therefore imperative as organizations seek to enable secure operations while increasing growth, productivity, and profitability. To address this, the Brocade MLX 20-port 10 GbE module supports IEEE 802.1AE MACsec, which provides 128-bit MAC layer encryption at wire speed. MACsec provides fast, low-latency, easy-to-deploy hop-by-hop encryption, which is ideal within the campus or data center network where the physical network is owned and there is a need to support unified communications and apply policy to traffic at the switch or router level. This allows for fine-grained management of the traffic while meeting security requirements for data-in-flight.
- Brocade versascale packet processor
The Brocade MLX 20-port 10 GbE module is built on the Brocade VersaScale-200 Packet Processor. The processor is designed to enable service innovation through programmability and flexibility without sacrificing performance. The Brocade VersaScale-200 provides leading density, zero-packet loss, and line speed for all packet sizes - supporting up to 16,000 simultaneous hardware-multicast entries at line rate. The processor provides extremely deep packet buffering to handle the dynamic traffic. In addition, it supports large-scale Equal-Cost Multi-Pathing (ECMP) for 32 IPv4 or IPv6 paths, which is ideal for cloud service providers and Web 2.0 companies that need scalable solutions to handle explosive bandwidth growth and to optimize the core for efficient packet transport.