Product Id: 28826214
Description: Plugable USB 3.0 SATA Lay Flat Hard Drive Dock - Storage controller - SATA 6Gb/s - 640 MBps - USB 3.0
Mfr Part #: USB3-SATA-UASP1
The Plugable USB3-SATA-UASP1 is a unique single bay hard drive docking solution that features a convenient toolless design as well as hot-swap support and driver-less, plug and play installation. The open horizontal docking bay was designed for easy dock/undock of bare/internal SATA disk drives. Constructed of heavy duty ABS plastic, using the ASMedia 1053E SATA to USB 3.0 bridge chipset and firmware with UASP support for maximum features and performance.
Connect a single 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA hard disk drive or solid state drive (SATA I, II, & III supported) at USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps/640MBps, up to 10 times as fast as USB 2.0. For USB 3.0 speeds, dock must be connected to a USB 3.0 port. Fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 at their native speeds. Real world transfer rate performance over USB 3.0 will vary by computer host controller and disk drive specifications. Latest USB 3.0 XHCI host controller drivers highly recommended for best performance and stability.
The docking station requires no driver installation as it uses the standard USB mass storage class driver support already provided in Windows XP and later, Mac, and Linux. Dual color LED reports drive activity (blue for power, red for drive activity). Supports 8TB+ drives on 64-bit operating systems (use drives less than 2TB for 32-bit Windows).
- Docking station supports all 2.5 and 3.5 inch SATA I, II, and III hard drives, solid state drives, and hybrid drives up to any capacity (8TB+)
- Slide bare SATA drives into the docking station bay with no wires to connect
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance (UASP functionality requires UASP capable host controller and operating system)
- Flashed with the latest firmware to support GPT (GUID Partition Table) format for larger than 3TB drives
- Docking station connects via USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 5Gbps (640MB/s), up to 10x as fast as USB 2.0 480Mbps (60MB/s)
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- Power button for powering off drive when not in use. Drive sleeps automatically on OS power events or 10 minutes of idle
- Robust 30W power supply