Product Id: 28803803
Description: BUSlink CipherShield Slim Line Encrypted DSC-2T-U3 - Hard drive - 2 TB - external (portable) - 2.5" - USB 3.0 - HIPAA
Mfr Part #: DSC-2T-U3
BUSlink CipherShield USB 3.0 AES 128-bit encrypted slim drive is the travel companion that your notebooks and netbooks have been waiting for all this time. It is designed for professionals that are always on the go and looking for portable, fast, and encrypted storage device. USB 3.0 SuperSpeed supports fast data transfer that is almost 10 times faster than USB 2.0 - a definite advantage when there is so little time with so many things to do. Together with NIST certified AES hardware encryption technology, BUSlink CipherShield USB 3.0 AES 128-bit encrypted slim drive provides first class hardware encryption to ensure integrity and confidentiality of critical data such as sensitive medical records for healthcare institutions in their effort to comply with HIPAA, classified legal information for law firms, and to protect company's financial information from outsider or theft.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed up to 5 Gbps
- NIST certified AES 128-bit hardware encryption algorithm
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with CipherKey to authenticate the drive
- Operates independently to the OS: does not require separate drivers
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy, and sarbanes-oxley act compliance over corporate financial and accounting practice
- Lightweight and attractive slim design with metal alloy case that dissipates heat