Product Id: 28712632
Description: Omnitron iConverter 5-Module Chassis - Modular expansion base - 1U
Mfr Part #: 8221-2-W
The 1U high iConverter 5-Module Chassis has redundant power supplies and can be mounted in a 19-inch or 23-inch rack. It is designed for enterprise Local Area Network (LAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) applications where fault tolerance and reliability are essential.
The 5-Module Chassis features two hot-swappable redundant power supplies. Universal AC, 24VDC and 48VDC power supplies can be used in any combination. Omnitron's redundant power supplies operate in load-sharing mode to reduce the burden on each power supply to extend the lifetime and fault tolerance.
In addition to handling the power and management data for each iConverter module, the 5-Module Chassis backplane allows sharing of Ethernet data between the individual modules. iConverter modules that are installed in adjacent slots and equipped with Ethernet backplane ports have the ability to connect to each other via the chassis' Ethernet backplane and facilitate a variety of flexible network applications.
The iConverter 5-Module Chassis supports the entire family of iConverter fiber media converters.
- The iConverter 5-Module Chassis is 1U (1.75 inch) high and supports 19-inch or 23-inch rack mounts
- Redundant, hot-swappable AC, 24VDC and 48VDC power supplies for mission critical networks
- Standard temperature range of 0 to +50º C and wide temperature range of -40 to +60º C
- Ethernet backplane allows modules to share data and support a wide variety of network applications
- Up to 19 iConverter chassis can be linked and managed using a single IP address
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis