Product Id: 28556062
Description: HPE StorageWorks 82E - Host bus adapter - PCIe x8 - 8Gb Fibre Channel x 2 - remarketed - for ProLiant DL120 G7, DL165 G7, DL360 G7, DL360p Gen8, DL380 G6, DL380 G7, DL580 G5
Mfr Part #: AJ763AR
The introduction of the HP StorageWorks 8Gb PCIe Fiber Channel Host Bus Adapters brings datacenter infrastructure components to a higher level of performance and efficiency. The HP StorageWorks 8Gb PCIe FC Host Bus Adapters are priced only slightly higher than an equivalent 4Gb HBA, yet, they have the ability to deliver twice the I/O performance. If you are using storage intensive applications, such as backup / restore, database transactions, and rich media, the increased performance of the 8Gb infrastructure allows you to store and retrieve critical information faster.
The virtualization of servers has become an important capability for most datacenters. The ability to improve overall server utilization, resulting in significant cost savings, has made server virtualization a "must-have" for most enterprises. By having an HBA that supports and maximizes your server virtualization efforts, you are protecting your significant investments in virtualization technology.
Since most of today's datacenters are required to be available 24 X 7, it is critical that infrastructure components have failover capabilities. By installing redundant HBAs into your servers, you can feel confident that your servers will remain connected to mission-critical stored data.
Finally, today's enterprises are becoming more and more sensitive to the power consumption within the datacenter. The 8Gb PCIe FC Host Bus Adapters provide a number of features that work together to reduce power consumption, thus delivering a "green" benefit within the server.
- Get better performance at a competitive price
- Be well positioned for the future with 8Gb technology
- Enhanced for storage intensive applications
- Supports virtualized servers for overall effective server utilization
- Allows multiple logical connections to share the same physical port
- Host to Fabric FC-SP authentication for data protection
- Prioritization of queues prevents conflicts between multiple queues
- Redundant HBAs for high availability
- Support of Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended
- Reduced overall power consumption