Product Id: 28452914
Description: Brocade FX8-24 Extension Blade - Expansion module - 8Gb Fibre Channel x 12 + Fibre Channel x 10 + 10Gb Fibre Channel (on demand) x 2
Mfr Part #: BR-FX824-1001
The Brocade FX8-24 extension blade, designed specifically for the Brocade DCX Backbone family, helps provide the fastest, most reliable, and most cost-effective network infrastructure for remote data replication, backup, and migration. Leveraging next-generation 8 Gbps fiber channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), and advanced Fiber Channel over IP (FCIP) technology, the Brocade FX8-24 provides a flexible and extensible platform to move more data faster and further than ever before.
Whether configured for synchronous replication between data centers or centralized backup across multiple sites, the Brocade FX8-24 addresses the most demanding business continuity, compliance, and global data access requirements. Twelve 8 Gbps fiber channel ports, 10 1 GbE ports provide unmatched fiber channel and FCIP bandwidth, port density, and throughput for maximum application performance over WAN links.
The Brocade FX8-24 is an ideal foundation for building or expanding a high-performance SAN extension infrastructure for disaster recovery, data protection, and data mobility storage solutions. It leverages cost-effective IP WAN transport to extend open systems and mainframe disk and tape storage applications over distances that would otherwise be impossible, impractical, or too expensive with standard fiber channel connections.
Organizations can install up to two Brocade FX8-24 blades in a Brocade DCX or DCX-4S Backbone, providing scalable fiber channel and FCIP bandwidth for larger enterprise data centers and multisite environments.
The Brocade FX8-24 provides flexible deployment options within the Brocade DCX chassis, integrating seamlessly with fiber channel and application blades or providing standalone extension services. In addition, a broad range of optional advanced extension, FICON, and SAN fabric services are available to address the most challenging extension and storage networking requirements.
- Leverages 8 Gbps fiber channel, FCIP, and 10 GbE technology to enable fast, reliable, and cost-effective remote data replication, backup, and migration
- Maximizes flexibility and scalability with a modular blade platform and simple software licensing to support a broad range of SAN extension requirements
- Offers best-in-class fiber channel and FCIP port density, bandwidth, and throughput with 12 8 Gbps fiber channel ports, 10 1 GbE ports
- Scales from simple point-to-point disk or tape extension up to comprehensive multisite enterprise extension solutions for open systems and FICON environments
- Maximizes replication, backup, and migration throughput over distance using advanced fiber channel frame compression, disk and tape protocol acceleration, and QoS-aware FCIP networking technology
- Introduces FCIP Trunking to maximize FCIP tunnel bandwidth and WAN link resiliency
- Introduces adaptive rate limiting to maximize utilization and sharing of bandwidth