Product Id: 28310362
Description: Omnitron iConverter RS232 - Fiber media converter - RS-232 - serial RS-232 - ST multi-mode / RJ-45 - up to 5 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: 8760-0-W
The Omnitron iConverter RS232 is a managed serial RS-232 to fiber converter that transmits serial protocol over fiber media. Fiber transmission is immune from electrical and magnetic interference.
The RS232 automatically detects the signal baud rate of the connected serial device. It also automatically adjusts to changes in the connected device's baud rate during operation without reconfiguration or interruption of service.
Connection to DTE or DCE devices is configured by an easily accessible DIP-switch on the front-panel of the module. This feature eliminates the need to use a null-modem cable when connecting two serial devices of the same type.
A built-in fiber loopback DIP-switch provides easy validation of the entire fiber segment without interrupting fiber operations.
- Managed serial RS-232 to fiber media converter with automatic baud rate detection
- Supports DB-9 and terminal block connector options for serial RS-232 interface
- DIP-switch configuration of DTE or DCE device for easy connection to serial devices
- Supports RTS, CTS, DCD, DTR and DSR controls
- Features remote fiber loopback switch for easy testing of fiber link, even during serial transmission
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Modules are hot-swappable