Product Id: 28216710
Description: HPE Modular Cooling System - Liquid cooling system condensation pump - for P/N: BW974A, BW976A
Mfr Part #: BW982A
HP Modular Cooling System or MCS is designed for high density server and blade deployments. It recirculates and cools the hot server exhaust air through heat exchangers residing in the MCS unit. The air is then expelled in front of the enclosed rack at a much lower temperature providing sufficient cool air for a load of 35kW of servers or blades.
The MCS unit contains three fans and three heat exchangers deployed along the full height of the rack to ensure that all the equipment installed receives sufficient cooled air. All fans and heat exchangers are swappable while the unit is online, providing great servicing flexibility. Redundant power is ensured through a failover power switch that can be connected to two power sources. The environmental monitor controls the air temperature to the servers and adjusts automatically to meet the pre-established air temperature goal.
- Automatic door opening system ships standard with every MCS
- 35KW of cooling capacity for high density deployment of servers and blades
- 42U rack height and 1.5 racks wide to maintain datacenter tiling configuration
- Environmental monitor and control with SNMP integration to Systems Insight Manager (SIM)
- Hot swappable heat exchangers and fans
- Power input redundancy for dual power source
- Condensate evacuation system to prevent condensation from entering air stream
- Cooling capacity of up to 35kW
MCS has been designed to support a full load of blade servers, which, at their maximum configuration require a power load of 35kW. The MCS unit provides over 2700 CFM of cool air distributed along the full height of the rack.
- Environmental control and safety
The MCS features full environmental control of the cooled air temperature being placed in front of the servers. The heat exchanger unit features safety quick disconnect valves that prevent accidental chilled water leakage during service. A water leak detector ships standard with the MCS. Alarms can be sent via SNMP traps to Systems Insight Manager (SIM).
- Hot-swappable components
Fans and heat exchangers can be replaced while the unit is operating allowing for great flexibility in servicing the MCS.