Product Id: 28113953
Description: Sophos Antivirus for vShield - Subscription license (2 years) - 1 VDI - volume - 5-9 licenses
Mfr Part #: VDID2CSAA
Fast, effective threat protection for virtual machines Sophos Antivirus for vShield delivers high-performance, centralized scanning for your virtual environment. A single, always-on virtual security appliance protects every guest on your host, leaving scan storms and update storms behind. Plus, it works seamlessly alongside the protection for Windows, Linux, Mac and UNIX, letting you manage security for all your systems from one intuitive console.
- Provides superior performance using a centralized scanner and advanced caching
- Ensures consistent, up-todate protection as guests are created, cloned and resumed
- Eliminates scan storms by automatically staggering scheduled and on-demand scans
- Protects against known and unknown threats using unique Behavioral Genotype technology
- Connects to SophosLabs via Live Protection, providing real-time lookups of suspicious files
- Shares an intuitive management console with the workstation and physical server solutions
- Security designed for virtual environments
Sophos built Sophos Antivirus for vShield to work seamlessly with virtual platforms. Instead of installing a traditional antivirus agent on each virtual machine, Sophos provides a lightweight centralized scanner to secure all the guests on a host. The result is fast, effective protection with lower resource use and simpler management.
- High performance, low impact
Sophos Antivirus for vShield uses advanced clean-file caching to eliminate redundant scanning and minimize scan times. Sophos prevents scan storms - spikes in resource use caused by concurrent scans - by automatically staggering scans. Similarly, update storms are nonexistent, as only the centralized scanner has to be updated.
- Simple management
Virtual environments are dynamic, so it can be a challenge to consistently deploy security software and keep it current. Fortunately, Sophos Antivirus for vShield automatically protects every supported guest as soon as it comes online. Create policies, view alerts, request scans and generate reports for all your virtual systems from the intuitive management console. And you can use the same console to manage your Sophos-protected workstations and physical servers, too.
- Real-time threat protection
With malware evolving by the minute, it's critical that your protection can keep up. The unique Behavioral Genotype technology is able to detect malicious behavior even before specific signature-based detection has been issued. Combine that with Live Protection, which looks up suspicious files in the cloud in real time, and you can be confident your systems will be protected from the latest threats.