Product Id: 28070487
Description: Black Box Fiber Switch Eco - Switch - managed - 24 x Gigabit SFP + 4 x shared 10/100/1000 + 4 x SFP+ - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: LGB5128A
This advanced, fully-manageable Layer 2 switch gives you networking versatility. It features 28 high-speed fiber ports: (4) 1-Gbps/10-Gbps SFP fiber ports, (20) 100-/1000-Mbps SFP fiber ports and (4) dual-media 100-/1000-Mbps SFP/twisted-pair ports.
This all fiber switch gives you the flexibility to select a variety of ranges with SFP transceivers.
- Pay-as-you-grow - add SFPs when you need them to expand your network
- Super versatility - add a 10-Gbps fiber link when you expand your 100/1000-Mbps copper/fiber network
- Get advanced switching and performance capabilities found in more expensive switches
- Provides superior manageability, security, QoS, and performance
- 802.3az energy-efficient Ethernet saves on power costs
- Well suited for workgroups, office LANs, and enterprise networks carrying higher-priority traffic for powerful applications
- Bundle multiple ports for higher bandwidth with link aggregate control protocol aggregation
- Programmable QoS classification and prioritization
- Robust security with VLAN capabilities
- OAM and CFM for easy set-up and management
- Manage via the web or command line
- Supports the multi-node ring protection architecture
- Advanced functions in an economical package
This switch offers advanced switching and security features normally found in more expensive switches. You'll get extensive management capabilities, greater bandwidth control, and QoS for switching in VoIP and other real-time, high-performance applications.
- Pack up the trunk
To provide more bandwidth to a specific application or segment, combine ports using the switch's 802.3ad Link Aggregate Control Protocol (LACP) capabilities. With this bandwidth aggregation feature, the combined ports create a multilink trunk for load sharing. The switch supports 14 groups with 8 ports per group.
- High-level service
The switch offers extensive Quality of Service support including prioritization, classification, scheduling, rate limitations, and more. The switch also supports eight hardware queues.
- Safe and secure
Your network is safe with this switch. It also offers MAC address filtering and VLAN capabilities so you can segregate networks.
- Multiple management options
Monitor, configure, and control the switch via its RS-232 serial port, or through Ethernet using CLI or web-based management.
The SFP Gigabit/10-Gigabit managed fiber switch eco features IEEE 802.3az energy-efficient Ethernet, which scales down power consumption during periods of low data activity. This feature adds up to energy savings of up to 50%.