Product Id: 28044320
Description: HiveManager Branch Router license - License
Mfr Part #: AH-HM-LIC-1BR
HiveManager is an out-of-band network management system (NMS) for simple policy configuration, firmware upgrades, and monitoring of up to thousands of Aerohive 802.11n access points, switches, and routers. A revolutionary user-interface makes it easy and intuitive to create and deploy unified LAN and WLAN policies across your entire network.
HiveManager offers real-time topology, performance, and client information to simplify troubleshooting, capacity planning, and security remediation of networks application. HiveManager also enables access policies based on identity, application, and device type. Because it is not essential to the flow of traffic, losing connectivity to HiveManager will not affect any control or data forwarding features of your Aerohive devices.
- Customizable dashboard with application visibility and control based on user identity
- Unified policy, configuration, and reporting with contextual awareness for wireless, routing, switching, VPN, IP address management, and security policies
- Streamlined express mode designed for Wi-Fi networking deployments
- Advanced enterprise mode which supports larger organizations with sophisticated policy requirements
- Integrated planner, packet capture, and client tracker tools to enable easy scoping, deployment, and remote troubleshooting
- Spectrum analysis to detect and identify non-Wi-Fi sources of interference at 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
- Client device and operating system reporting with top clients by usage, peak trends per SSID, and client distribution by Aerohive device
- Powerful device templates and device classification tags allow applying custom configurations across device groups based on hierarchy, location, or function
HiveManager greatly simplifies deployment. There is no pre-staging or configuration necessary to connect Aerohive devices in any location to their HiveManager, which makes it ideal for distributed deployments. HiveManager enables administrators to establish a configuration once, via the central HiveManager instance. This configuration is automatically provided to the Aerohive AP access point, switch, or router when the device is initially plugged in and connected to HiveManager. This functionality makes managing thousands of devices as easy as managing a single device.
All of the HiveManager platforms support two modes: express mode, which is a simplified version of the interface designed to make initial deployment and training simple and quick; and, enterprise mode, which includes an extensive object-based management system and full feature support. Customers can easily migrate an express mode deployment to enterprise mode at any point when additional features or flexibility are required.