Product Id: 27883497
Description: Cisco Performance Routing Engine 5 - Router - plug-in module - for uBR 10012
Mfr Part #: UBR10-PRE5=
The Cisco uBR10012 Performance Routing Engine 5 (UBR10-PRE5) is the next-generation high-performance route processor for the Cisco uBR10012 Universal Broadband Router. With the Cisco uBR10012 PRE5, the Cisco uBR10012 provides cable operators with an easy, flexible upgrade path toward a converged cable access platform (CCAP) and an all-IP infrastructure, while reducing the effect on operations, capital expenditure (CapEx) and rack space requirements.
The Cisco uBR10012 PRE5 is designed to deliver higher performance and better scalability and is optimized for video on a Cisco uBR10012 chassis. It also integrates the backhaul capability, which frees up two WAN shared port adapter (SPA) slots that can be used to provide additional downstream capacity.
- Provides up to 10 million packets per second (mpps) of processing power for both IPv4 and IPv6 with typical configurations
- Supports four 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ backhaul interfaces on the front panel
- Supports either load sharing or backup mode between the WAN backhaul interfaces on active and standby Cisco uBR10012 PRE5s
- Any pair of 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces can be configured as backup mode either on the same PRE5 or across PRE5s
- Significantly improves the video over DOCSIS (VDOC) channel change performance to better support VDOC services
- Delivers enhanced storage options for larger and more complex configurations