Product Id: 27771465
Description: Secure Copy - License + 1 Year Standard Support - 1 enabled user account - Win
Mfr Part #: USE-SCL-PB
ScriptLogic's Secure Copy is a powerful, comprehensive migration solution that automates the copying of data between Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 servers without the use of agents or scripts. Whether you're migrating from one server to another, consolidating file servers or moving to a NAS/SAN solution, you can easily copy files and folders, NTFS permissions, file shares, local users and groups and compression settings. With a multi-threaded high-speed architecture, migration projects are simplified and the time it takes to complete the project is dramatically reduced.
Getting data moved over to a new server is more than merely copying the most recent files and folders to that machine. File security and permissions must be maintained, shared folders need to be reestablished and local groups facilitating access need to be recreated. Having an automated way to copy all files and folders along with their associated attributes, NTFS security, shares and share security, as well as copy local users and groups, would help any administrator complete a successful and hands-free migration.
Secure Copy enables administrators to migrate, consolidate and replicate file servers and minimizes the time and effort needed by addressing many of the challenges associated with data migrations. Secure Copy automates the copying of files and folders as well as their attributes, NTFS security, shares and share security. Locked files are skipped and retried until available, files and folders lacking administrative permissions are accurately copied and network bandwidth overload is reduced. Secure Copy supports all Windows operating systems from NT4 to 2008. It permits you to schedule your data migration and server consolidation so that your business remains uninterrupted and users can remain productive.
- Minimize the amount of time needed to set up new file servers without compromising security
- Perform data migrations, consolidations and replications with minimal effort using multi-threaded copying architecture
- Avoid security weaknesses by copying data with security intact and avoiding manual recreation of file permissions
- Recreate file shares and file compression settings automatically during migration
- Migrate users onto new file servers whenever it is most convenient and least disruptive to business
- Enable an administrator without permissions to copy files using Secure Copy's "Administrator Override" feature
- Set-up new file servers quickly
Perform migrations, consolidations and replications between file servers with a scheduled, automated solution.
- Migrate configurations transparently
Migrate file permissions, shares, compressions settings, local users and groups, last-modified dates and more automatically and without manual intervention.
- Plan your projects
Schedule complex data migration jobs or take advantage of Secure Copy's "incremental copy" for a gradual migration of users to a new file server.
- Maintain security
Copy files and folders, along with their associated permissions, from source server to the destination server.
- Multi-threaded architecture
Maximize use of network bandwidth when copying many small files.
- Migrate local users and groups
Local accounts with file permissions on the source servers are automatically created on the destination server.
- Automatic retry of failed files
Locked files are skipped and automatically retried until they become available.