Product Id: 27698070
Description: Black Box MediaCento IPX PoE Multicast Receiver - Video/audio extender - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T - up to 100 m
Mfr Part #: VX-HDMI-POE-MRX
This attractively priced IP streaming solution multicasts HDMI video and audio to a nearly unlimited number of screens on a network. You need just one transmitter and one receiver for each screen.
MediaCento IPX PoE Multicast is ideal for distributing digital signage content or other HD video and audio across an Ethernet network. Because the transmitter and receivers install directly into your existing LAN infrastructure, integration is easy. There's no need to run expensive dedicated links from a back room to digital signage in lobbies.
The extender transmits up to 328 feet (100 m) per link, but goes even longer when additional network switches are added to the mix. You can even use fiber with media converters to go several miles if needed. Its signal is completely digital from end to end, so your digital content is never compromised.
- A digital solution for the future at an analog price
- Receives HDMI video and audio over an Ethernet network
- System uses existing standards-based Ethernet technology and TCP/IP protocols for extension
- PoE support for remote powering
- Provides very high image quality with visually lossless compression
- EDID copy function for optimal PC-to-screen performance
- Virtually no distance limitations
- Supports serial connections to switch screens on/off
- HDCP compliant and Blu-ray ready
- Features lockable power and HDMI connectors for increased reliability
- Lossless compression for HD extension
MediaCento IPX PoE Multicast features IGMP support and packetizes signals so all your HD source content can be delivered anywhere you want over Ethernet wiring. It works in point-to-point or point-to-multipoint configurations. Just plug in as many receivers as you need at your remote screens. From one transmitter, you can have 16 different multicast groups to multiple receivers in multicast mode.
- Extremely easy to set up and use
MediaCento IPX PoE Multicast also supports RS-232 for configuration and control, and for extending bidirectional control signals. Use this serial link to switch screens on or off. There's no need to configure any IP settings. Simply use rotary switches to set the transmitter and receivers to the same multicast channel and all IP multicasting settings are automatically configured; then just connect your source, your display(s), and a network switch. It's ready to go!
- PoE powered
The MediaCento IPX PoE series can be powered using standard PoE network technology. Using a PoE network switch completely eliminates the need for external power supplies making the installation even easier.