Product Id: 27651766
Description: Black Box ServSwitch Wizard KVM USB Extender with Audio - Monitor/USB/audio extender - USB - up to 300 m
Mfr Part #: ACU5250A-R2
Put extra distance between your USB-style peripherals and your CPU with the ServSwitch Wizard KVM USB Extender with Audio. The extender is ideal for high-density applications where you want full use of USB keyboards, mice, and other devices but there simply isn't room for a server nearby, or for applications where you want to keep CPUs secured and out of the way.
The extender enables you to transmit more than just signals for USB connections. You can use the same CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable link to transmit video signals, too!
And to transmit bidirectional audio for microphone or speaker signals for a truly multimedia workstation, just attach a second CAT5 or higher link. The extender package includes a local and a remote unit. Simply connect the local module to your PC or Sun system and the remote module to the peripherals next to the user. The remote unit contains a built-in USB hub that provides four separate USB 1.1 channels for attaching multiple devices.
On the remote unit, video compensation switches and dials enable you to adjust the image and keep the video signal crisp and clear with no "shadowing". Using these functions, you can boost video frequencies to counter the effects of long cable runs. The remote unit also has a signal-boost feature that optimizes less-responsive microphones. To protect against power surges, both modules include internal automatic cut-out fuses.
What's more, you can mount both local and remote units in an optional space-saving chassis, which makes these extenders perfect for fast-growing installations.
- A built-in 4-port USB hub on the remote unit enables you to attach multiple USB 1.1 devices, no USB configuration is necessary
- Supports high-bandwidth monitors at resolutions up to 1600 x 1280
- Ideal for high-density applications where you want full use of USB keyboards, mice, and other devices but there simply isn't room for a server nearby, or for applications where you want to keep CPUs secured and out of the way
- Sends VGA, USB, keyboard, and mouse plus audio up to 1000 feet over CATx, depending on video resolution
- Now with improved video performance
- Video signal boost features ensure that the video signal remains clear
- Also supports emulated DDC for high-quality video resolution
- Automatic cut-out fuses protect against power surges