Product Id: 27643275
Description: Red Hat Scalable File System Add-On - Subscription (1 year) - Linux
Mfr Part #: RH00027
What if you could manage a cluster of servers, as if it were one server? Red Hat Global File System helps you get there today, so that you can maximize the benefits of clustering and minimize the costs.
Red Hat GFS is commonly used in clusters of enterprise applications to provide high speed access to a consistent file system image across the server nodes. This allows the cluster nodes to simultaneously read and write to a single shared filesystem.
- Greatly simplify your data infrastructure
- Install and patch applications once, for the entire cluster
- Reduce the need for redundant copies of data
- Simplify back-up and disaster recovery tasks
- Maximize use of storage resources and minimize your storage costs
- Manage your storage capacity as a whole vs. by partition
- Decrease your overall storage needs by reducing data duplication
- Scale clusters seamlessly, adding storage or servers on the fly
- Add servers simply by mounting them to a common file system