Product Id: 27643194
Description: Red Hat Smart Management Add-On - Subscription (1 year) - 2 sockets, 1 physical/2 virtual guests - Linux
Mfr Part #: RH00031
Imagine being able to use one centralized console to manage all of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, whether they are mainframes, desktops, or servers - or physical or virtual machines. The Smart Management Add-On allows you to manage the complete lifecycle of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
The Smart Management Add-On allows you to provision, patch, configure, and fully control your Red Hat Enterprise Linux development, test, and production systems. By proactively automating routine tasks, such as patch management, you will have time to concentrate on other, higher value-added tasks.
A recent study by analyst firm IDC found that businesses using the Smart Management Add-On with Red Hat Network Satellite realized a more than 300 percent return on investment (ROI) with a payback period of less than five months.
- Provision, update, and configure all Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from one console
- Get fine-grained package and configuration management capabilities
- Quickly create templates for provisioning
- Provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems quickly and consistently
- Manage thousands of systems as easily as one using the system groups feature
- Schedule updates to occur during maintenance windows
- Compare package profiles between systems to quickly spot differences
- Take an existing environment and replicate it, achieving a high degree of consistency throughout your IT environment
- Undo problematic changes with snapshots and rollbacks
- Take an existing environment and achieve a higher degree of consistency
- Undo problematic changes with snapshots and rollback
- Monitor utilization of CPU, memory, and storage
- Receive email or pager notices when a probe reaches a predefined warning or critical threshold
- View reports and graphs of probe performance over time to determine what adjustments need to be made
- Get detailed histories of events that take place on each system to meet compliance requirements
- Manage your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription
- Improve consistency and enable higher availability and fast time to resolution of problems