Product Id: 27638337
Description: Brocade 5300 - Switch - managed - 80 x 8Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ - rack-mountable - with 80x 8 Gbps SFP+ transceiver
Mfr Part #: BR-5340-0008
The Brocade 5300 is an 8 Gbit/sec fiber channel switch that provides superior performance and port density for the most demanding SAN environments. With up to 80 ports in an efficient 2U design, it is an ideal solution for enabling greater data center consolidation and virtualization throughout the enterprise.
The Brocade 5300 switch combines 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec technology in configurations of 48, 64, or 80 ports in an efficient 2U design. The combination of port density, performance, and "pay-as-you-grow" scalability enables greater server and storage utilization while reducing complexity for virtualized data centers. The evolutionary design makes it very efficient in regard to power, cooling, and rack density, enabling medium- and large-scale server and storage consolidation for greater cost savings and manageability. The Brocade 5300 also includes Adaptive Networking capabilities to provide the highest service levels for mission-critical data center applications.
The Brocade 5300 features a non-blocking architecture with as many as 80 ports concurrently active at 8 Gbit/sec (full duplex) with no over-subscription - providing an aggregate bandwidth of 1360 Gbit/sec. This level of performance and connectivity is ideal for expanding virtual server environments. In addition, enhanced ISL trunking can supply up to 68 Gbit/sec of balanced data throughput in a single logical link. The high port density of the Brocade 5300 uniquely enables fan-out from the core of the data center fabric with less than half the number of switch devices compared to traditional 32- or 40-port edge switches. As a result, it can provide a single-domain solution that simplifies fabric management and reduces the data center footprint.
With capabilities such as Ports On Demand scalability from 48 to 64 or 80 ports, the Brocade 5300 also enables organizations to grow their storage networks when necessary, in a non-disruptive manner.
- Industry-leading performance and scalability
- An enterprise switch for the most demanding environments
- Delivers full 8 Gbit/sec 1:1 performance for up to 80 ports in a single-domain, optimized 2U form factor
- Offers best-in-class port density and scalability for an enterprise SAN switch
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities
- Enables "pay-as-you-grow" capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 48 to 64 or 80 ports
- Provides Adaptive Networking services such as Quality of Service (QoS) to help optimize application performance in consolidated, virtual environments
- Improves energy efficiency by combining increased bandwidth with lower power consumption
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard to simplify installation
- Provides fiber channel integrated routing capabilities, enabling selective device sharing while maintaining remote fabric isolation