Product Id: 27464067
Description: HP - Hard drive - 500 GB - SATA 6Gb/s - 7200 rpm - for HP 280 G2, 280 G3, 290 g1; EliteDesk 705 G3, 800 G1; ProDesk 490 G3, 600 G1, 600 G2
Mfr Part #: QK554AA
HP Serial ATA Hard Drives maximize the performance of HP Business PCs by providing the technologies to meet your increasing storage demands with high-capacity drives offering superior reliability and performance. Serial ATA provides faster data transfer speeds, better system cooling airflow, more bandwidth, more headroom for speed increases in future generations and better data integrity. A next-generation technology, Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) interface connects hard drives to the PC platform enabling easy aggregation of multiple hard drives into a single PC. This offers you the additional benefits of dedicated bandwidth, the ability to more easily identify device failures and scalability.
- *Requires AHCI support from the host system BIOS, controller, and driver. AHCI support is typically implemented in RAID configurations. **For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Improved protocol for enhanced data integrity
- Increase design and layout flexibility per system with new cable lengths of 3.28 ft. Benefit from thinner, smaller serial cables and connectors for easy routing and improved system cooling.
- Performance increase to up to 3 Gb/s and 6Gb/s maximum external (burst) data transfer rate
- Take advantage of Native Command Queuing*, and allow your hard drive to have several write or read commands at the same time. The Drive Lock security feature prevents software access to user data until user-defined passwords are provided.