Product Id: 27462908
Description: HPE M220 Access Point WW - Wireless access point - 802.11a/b/g/n - Dual Band
Mfr Part #: J9799A#ABA
Ideal for growing businesses, the HPE M220 802.11n Access Point Series is optimal for sites requiring more extensive wireless LAN coverage, supporting standalone operation or "clustering" of up to 16 access points. These dual-band, single-radio devices support high-speed wireless networking at 5GHz or 2.4GHz to provide a better user experience and faster delivery of mobile applications. Clustering technology propagates wireless network configurations across all access points for consistent security and uninterrupted, wireless client roaming.
- Centralized wireless LAN management (clustering) —
- Simplified access point management — configuration parameters enabled on one access point pass to all members (up to 10 APs) of the cluster, eliminating the need to individually configure each AP
- Auto channel planning — access points in a cluster are automatically assigned to a channel that reduces interference between adjacent APs
- Client connection list — access any member of the cluster to view information about clients connected to any clustered AP
- Secure and easy-to-use Web UI —
- Quick setup page — consolidates key settings into one page for simple and rapid configuration for common deployment scenarios
- HTTPS secured management sessions — prevent management sessions from being observed on the network
- Back to top
- Fully IEEE 802.11n-compliant dual-band access point —
- 2.4 GHz frequency band support — uses your IEEE 802.11n wireless clients alongside legacy IEEE 802.11b/g devices
- 5 GHz frequency band support — operates your IEEE 802.11n and 802.11a devices in the 5 GHz spectrum, which has less interference from microwave ovens, Bluetooth devices, and cordless phones
- IEEE 802.3af PoE-powered device (PD) option — simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Auto-MDIX — automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on the 10/100/1000 port
- Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D) — prevents network loops
- IPv6 support — the M220 Access Point provides native support for IPv6, the newest version of the Internet Protocol, as well as the previous IPv4 standard
- Back to top
- Service-class segmentation —
- Up to eight SSIDs (one per wireless community) — allows administrator to identify multiple service sets for clients to access
- Up to eight VLANs (one per wireless community) — IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging provides security and traffic control between workgroups
- Auto channel select — helps reduce radio co-channel interference by automatically selecting an unoccupied radio channel
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) — allows the M220 access point to connect wirelessly to other HP M220 access points without a wired backbone; this is useful for extending the network across areas where no wired infrastructure exists
- Internal MIMO omni-directional antennas — provides omni-directional radio coverage without the need to manually adjust antenna placement
- Interoperability — meets Wi-Fi Alliance certifications, including IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi and WPA2 to help provide multivendor interoperability
- Back to top
- Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA — locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic
- RADIUS-based user authentication — authenticates a user with a RADIUS server based on user credentials
- RADIUS-based MAC authentication — authenticates a wireless client with a RADIUS server based on the MAC address of the client; this is useful for clients with minimal or no user interface
- RADIUS-based VLAN assignment — places wireless client on RADIUS-assigned VLAN
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) — encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management interface of the access point
- Closed system — restricts broadcast of SSID as a security measure to conceal presence of the wireless network
- Management password — provides security so that only authorized access to the Web browser interface is allowed
- Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) using 64- and 128-bit encryption — provides backward compatibility for legacy clients
- Rogue AP detection — identifies all access points in range; known or trusted access points can be saved, allowing network administrators to identify unauthoriz
- Simplifies Wireless Networks for Small Businesses
The HPE M220 802.11n Access Point Series includes simple clustering technology which reduces complexity and the need for additional hardware. A quick setup wizard gets you up and running very quickly with five common deployment scenarios to best match your environment.
- Keeps Your Business Up and Running with Safe Wireless Access
The HPE M220 802.11n Access Points Series significantly reduces the risk of downtime from human error with clustering technology.
Keeps your wireless network traffic safe with the latest in Wi-Fi security including WPA and WPA2.
Secures data integrity of the wireless traffic with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP).
The HPE M220 802.11n Access Point Series offers up to 8 VLANs to permit traffic segmentation on the network.
- Delivers a Better User Experience and Improved Performance
The HPE M220 802.11n Access Point Series provides a single-radio device that supports high-speed wireless networking at either 5GHz or 2.4GHz.
When clustered, each HPE M220 Access Point automatically selects the best channel for operation, reducing AP channel planning while periodically reassessing AP channel mapping for channel optimization.
- Lowers Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
The HPE M220 802.11n Access Point Series are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The HPE M220 clustering technology makes ongoing network changes and maintenance simple, reducing the time spent on administrative tasks.