Product Id: 26942208
Description: HPE StoreFabric SN6500B 16Gb 96-port/96-port Active Power Pack+ Fibre Channel Switch - Switch - managed - 96 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ - rack-mountable - HPE Complete
Mfr Part #: C8R42A
Are you struggling to keep pace with ever-increasing workloads on a never-increasing budget? Virtualization delivers the benefits of faster deployment and consolidation, yet it demands greater performance and scalability from data center networks. The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fibre Channel Switch meets the needs of hyper-scale, private cloud storage environments by delivering market-leading 16 Gb FC technology and capabilities that support highly virtualized environments. Designed to enable increased flexibility and investment protection, the SN6500B switch scales from 48 to 96 ports and supports 4, 8, 10, or 16 Gb/s speeds in an efficiently designed 2U package. It also provides a simplified deployment process and features a user-friendly, point-and-click interface. The SN6500B offers low-cost access to SAN technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
- Designed for Ease-of-Use and Simplified Administration
- Flexible Fabrics Support Highly Virtualized Environments for Cloud-Optimized Storage Area Networks
- Enhanced Scalability Allows for Expansion within Growing Organizations
- Improved Bandwidth and Greater Efficiency for Cloud-Optimized Performance
- Flexible fabrics support highly virtualized environments for cloud-optimized storage area networks
The HP StoreFabric SN6500B Fiber Channel switch delivers high-speed 16 Gb optimized inter switch links (ISLs) for twice the performance over traditional Fiber Channel switches. The net result is there are fewer links, fewer cables, fewer ports and less power for the same performance.
- Designed for ease-of-use and simplified administration
Diagnostic Ports (D-Ports) enable administrators to identify and isolate optics and cable problems, reducing fabric deployment and diagnostic times. Organizations also can use D-Ports to run a variety of tests for ports, SFPs, and cables for faults, latency, and distance. Simplified deployment process and point-and-click user interface streamline management.
- Improved bandwidth and greater efficiency for cloud-optimized performance
It provides unmatched bandwidth with 96 non-blocking 16 Gbps ports in an efficient 2U form factor. Any eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gb Inter-Switch Links (ISLs). Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient available path.