Product Id: 26936415
Description: QLogic QLE8360-SR-CK - Network adapter - PCIe 3.0 x4 / PCIe 2.0 x8 low profile - 10Gb Ethernet
Mfr Part #: QLE8360-SR-CK
The 8300 series adapters are QLogic's fourth generation of converged network adapters, supporting simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP) and SAN (Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI) traffic at line rate, 10 Gbps Ethernet (GbE) speeds - at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today's powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
In addition, support for powerful virtualization features make this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs). The ability to support multiple protocols simultaneously on the same hardware offers multi-tenancy flexibility, which is ideal for private and public cloud environments.
- 10 GbE per-port maximum throughput for high bandwidth storage and networking traffic
- Over 1.2 million FCoE IOPS reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support for faster performance in virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling more applications (virtual machines) to run on a single server with converged traffic to top-of-the-rack switch
- Decreased power and cooling costs by using the fewest PCI Express lanes in PCIe Gen3 environments
- Overlapping protection domains (OPD) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus
- Future-proof design enables conversion to a 16 Gb fiber channel adapter
- Virtualization optimized
The 8300 series adapters, powered by QLogic VMflex technology, support QLogic's switch agnostic NIC partitioning (NPAR) technology as well as industry standard I/O virtualization technologies. SR-IOV can be utilized to allow enhanced I/O performance in virtualized environments and improved VM scalability for increasing storage and networking workloads.
- Superior application performance
The QLogic 8300 series of converged network adapters, powered by QLogic FlexOffload technology, consume the lowest CPU to drive FCoE and iSCSI storage traffic at line rate across all ports. With support for over 1.2 million I/O transactions per second, QLogic adapters deliver the best storage application performance in virtualized and non-virtualized environments.
- Support for multiple protocols simultaneously
The QLogic 8300 series adapters reduce data center costs by converging FCoE, TCP/IP, and iSCSI traffic simultaneously on the same hardware. This convergence results in buying fewer adapters, cables, and switches. In addition, convergence offers lower power consumption, reduced cooling, and easier LAN and SAN management.
- Investment protection
This driver stack has been tested and validated across all major hardware platforms, all major Hypervisors and OSs, and has been battle-hardened in millions of previous installations.
- Simplified management
QLogic's unified management application, QConvergeConsole (QCC), provides single-pane-of-glass management for the company's broad product line of storage and networking adapters (Fiber Channel, converged networking, NIC, and iSCSI). In addition, QLogic supports all major APIs, giving the end user the flexibility to manage their QLogic Fiber Channel adapter portfolio using third-party management tools, including a vCenter plug-in for VMware.
- Future-proof design
The QLogic 8300 series adapters can convert from a 10 GbE converged network adapter to a 16 Gb Fiber Channel adapter. Based on QLogic I/ OFlex technology, the adapter's flexibility simplifies and reduces cost for customers who want to deploy an Ethernet SAN today and migrate to a Fiber Channel SAN in the future.