Product Id: 26904093
Description: Cisco CRS Series 16-Slot Performance Route Processor - Router - GigE - plug-in module
Mfr Part #: CRS-16-PRP-6G=
The Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS) performance route processor is the next-generation route processor for the Cisco CRS-1 and CRS-3 platforms. It is the first Cisco CRS route processor to offer the amazing speed of the Intel Xeon quad-core processor. With 12 GB of fast double data rate 3 (DDR3) error correcting code (ECC) memory, the performance route processor provides extremely fast routing performance at exceptional scale for the largest core and edge applications. The multicore design and speed allows you to achieve high levels scale for all applications such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP), Multiprotocol Label Switch Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE), NetFlow, lawful intercept, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or XML monitoring without adversely affecting routing performance.
The CRS performance route processor runs the Cisco IOS XR Software, which is a fully modular, fully distributed Internet work operating system that uses a memory-protected, microkernel-based architecture and control-plane distribution that allows the system to scale.
- High-performance quad-core Intel Xeon (Nehalem) CPU for fast multithreaded software processing
- Redundant and fast SSD storage system
- Integrated technology includes IP/Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) routing, IP over dense wavelength-division multiplexing (IPoDWDM), network virtualization with Secure Domain Routers (SDRs), fabric multicast replication, fabric quality of service (QoS), NetFlow accounting, and Carrier-Grade IPv6 (CGv6) to provide outstanding quality of experience (QoE) at the lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Supported across all the Cisco CRS-1 and CRS-3 form factors
- External Universal Service Bus (USB) port for easy access to USB flash memory devices for software image loading and recovery
- Industry-leading performance and efficiency with a lower power and weight profile