Product Id: 26864601
Description: HPE SmartCache - License + 24x7 Support - 1 server - for ProLiant ML350e Gen8 v2, ML350e Gen8 v2 Base
Mfr Part #: D7S26A
Do you need to increase the performance of your storage system? HPE SmartCache is a controller-based, caching solution in a DAS environment that caches the most frequently accessed data ("hot" data) onto lower latency Solid State Drives (SSDs) to dynamically accelerate application workloads. SmartCache is hosted on HPE Smart Array Controllers and can be enabled on HPE ProLiant Gen9 and Gen8 servers with Smart Array P-class controllers with 1GB or larger Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC). HPE SmartCache is deployed and managed through the same management tool for HPE Smart Array-HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA).
- The HPE SmartCache accelerates performance of applications up to four times by caching the “hot” data on solid state drives (SSDs).
- The HPE SmartCache enables unified management through the HPE Smart Storage Administrator or HPE Array Configuration Utility.
- The HPE SmartCache can be enabled on HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers with HPE Smart Array P440, P440ar, P441, P542D, P741m, P840, P840ar, and P841 controllers.
- Workload Acceleration and Operational Efficiency for Applications
The HPE SmartCache accelerates performance of applications up to four times by caching the "hot" data on solid state drives (SSDs).
Improves operational efficiency by utilizing your existing HPE ProLiant Gen9 and Gen8 server array controllers.
Allows you to introduce SSD technology into server configurations at a controlled pace while providing application acceleration.
Supports read and write-back caching on HPE ProLiant Gen9 Servers and read and write-through caching on HPE ProLiant Gen8 Servers.
Provides data protection to the data on Cache Volume (SSDs) by supporting RAID 0 on Gen8 Servers and RAID 0, 1, 10 and 5 on Gen9 Servers. RAID 5 will be supported only with write-back caching policy.
- Unified Manageability and Simplicity in the Data Center
The HPE SmartCache enables unified management through the HPE Smart Storage Administrator or HPE Array Configuration Utility.
Simplifies deployment by seamlessly integrating into your data center without the need for any application or operating system changes.
- Available on Gen9 and Gen8 ProLiant Servers
The HPE SmartCache can be enabled on HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers with HPE Smart Array P440, P440ar, P441, P542D, P741m, P840, P840ar, and P841 controllers.
It can be enabled on HPE ProLiant Gen8 servers with HPE Smart Array P420, P421, P430, P431, P721m, P731m, P822, and P830 controllers.
One license is required for every server to be deployed and it requires activation via HPE Smart Storage Administrator.
The license can be delivered via physical shipment or electronically with an activation key for a single server, or an activation key for multiple license for mass deployment.