Product Id: 26859210
Description: Plugable UGA-165 - External video adapter - DisplayLink DL-165 - USB 2.0 - DVI
Mfr Part #: UGA-165
The Plugable UGA-165 enables multiple monitors with any laptop or desktop (one adapter required per monitor, up to 6). Most people use it to gain a 2nd or 3rd monitor for their laptop. You gain the benefits of USB, including plug-and-play connectivity, thin and flexible cabling, and the ability to connect via USB 2.0 hubs and repeaters. Projectors can be connected with long and flexible USB wiring that doesn't lose monitor configuration information. Multitask with a dedicated monitor for each document or application.
The adapter works by rendering 2D/3D with your computer's CPU and GPU, and then compressing and transmitting over USB any pixels that have changed. Dual core or 2Ghz or better CPU recommended. The monitor itself is then constantly refreshed directly from the USB hardware. The adapter package includes a USB 2.0 cable and hardware adapters for the different connector types (DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI). No power plug is needed - power is provided by USB and the adapter has an LED indicator light.
- Connect up to six monitors to any brand of laptop or desktop (one adapter required per monitor)
- Plug and play, extensible USB 2.0 connectivity to any VGA, DVI, or HDMI monitor or projector
- DisplayLink DL-165 chipset, supports resolutions up to 1600×1200 or 1920×1080 (widescreen)
- Windows 10/8/7/XP drivers can be installed automatically via Windows Update (Internet connection required) or downloaded manually
- Mac is not supported due to significant limitations in the operating system
- Linux configuration for advanced users only