Product Id: 26821724
Description: Fortinet FortiAuthenticator 400C - Security appliance - 4 ports - GigE - 1U
Mfr Part #: FAC-400C-NFR
The FortiAuthenticator 400C delivers centralized secure two-factor authentication for up to 2,000 users making the solution ideal for deployment within small to medium enterprises.
FortiAuthenticator user identity management appliances strengthen enterprise security by simplifying and centralizing the management and storage of user identity information used for authentication. Designed as a central repository for user validation information, FortiAuthenticator enables multiple authentication technologies for controlling user access including two-factor authentication, identity verification and network access control.
- Low cost per user with no user based licensing
- Standards-based secure authentication which works in conjunction with FortiTokens to deliver secure two-factor authentication to any third-party device capable of authentication via RADIUS or LDAP
- Hardened appliance which can be deployed in minutes to secure access to your network infrastructure
- Integrates with existing solutions such as LDAP or AD servers to lower the cost and complexity of adding strong authentication to your network
- Support for E-mail and SMS tokens enables rapid deployment of two-factor authentication without the need for additional dedicated hardware
- User self service password reset lowers your costs by allowing your users to reset their own password without administrator intervention
- Upgrade path from FortiGate/FortiToken allows you to maximize your existing investment and scale your two-factor deployment when needed
- Stronger security with two-factor authentication
FortiAuthenticator extends two-factor authentication capability to multiple FortiGate appliances that support RADIUS or LDAP authentication. User identity information from FortiAuthenticator combined with authentication information from FortiToken ensures that authorized individuals are granted access to your organization's sensitive information. This additional layer of security greatly reduces the possibility of data leaks while helping companies meet audit requirements associated with government and business privacy regulations.
- Simpler management and user experience
By providing all services and storage of user identity information on a single device, the FortiAuthenticator appliance significantly lowers the cost of delivering secure user authentication. The FortiAuthenticator system can be deployed in minutes rather than hours and has been designed to simplify all steps of the user authentication life cycle; from integration with existing authentication databases to zero impact token initialization. Users can recover their own credentials through a self-service portal by answering pre-agreed questions and providing a token PIN, further reducing administrative burden.
- FortiAuthenticator certificate authority
As well as providing secure authentication via RADIUS enhanced with time based tokens, the FortiAuthenticator supports certificate based two-factor authentication. Acting as a root or intermediary CA, the FortiAuthenticator eases the typically painful process of signing, issuing and revoking client certificates for use in FortiGate VPN deployments. With multiple authentication methods which can be deployed to suit the requirement of your organization and users, FortiAuthenticator is the ideal Authentication Server solution.