Product Id: 26782565
Description: Cremax ICY Dock MB996SP-6SB - Storage drive cage with cooling fan - 2.5" - matte black
Mfr Part #: MB996SP-6SB
The 5.25" device bay has been a long standard in computer history. It started from the 90s legacy industrial PC cases all the way to today's Micro ATX cases. The 5.25" bay has been widely used for optical drives such as DVD and Blue-ray, or with even a single 3.5" hard drive with mobile rack. However, it is almost impossible to use a single 5.25" bay to create complex RAID storage until the MB996SP-6SB full metal 6 x 2.5" SATA hard drive and SSD backplane.
- Full metal construction with aluminum body, to protect your drives
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led and cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay
- 3-mode fan speed control - adjust cooling settings for your specific needs
- Eagle-hook lock system keeps drives secured within the enclosure
- Switch between 4-pin and 15-pin power connection with included adapter
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance
- Supports SATA 6 Gbps and hot swap
- High capacity RAID storage in limited space
Utilizing the standard 5.25" bay form factor, the compact design allows the enclosure to be used in various applications, catering to a wide audience. The MB996SP-6SB excels for use in advanced RAID applications such as building dual RAID 5 arrays or high performance 4 drives in RAID 0 plus RAID 1 array for back up, all in a single 5.25" device bay. The MB996SP-6SB is extremely useful for powerful small servers, gaming rigs, home servers or HTPC's due to its high capacity and space saving design. It is also perfect for users who needs non-RAID JBOD storage and save different contents in different drive locations. It supports wide-range of applications which is the true value of the MB996SP-6SB.
- Rock solid construction
Making sure your drives or expensive SSDs are in good hands and last as much as possible is carefully considered to any build and design. The MB996SP-6SB is capable of holding up in the various environments, with the heavy duty full metal construction in the entirety of the body and its smaller components. The metal material used grants heat dissipation transfer from the hard drives to the backplane cage. Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI grounding are used to ensure a stable environment for the hard drives or SSD's used, dramatically improving reliability.
- Absolute control of your 2.5" hard drive or SSD
Bringing more utility your hard drives or SSDs, LEDs are installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide individual drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED and the cooling fan to be active only when a hard drive is inserted into the same bay of the enclosure. A 40 mm cooling fan is placed directly at the center of the rear panel, providing equivalent airflow throughout the entire cage. Depending on your needs, you may need the fan to be at a higher speed, or completely off for silent operation, and so a 3-mode fan speed control has been added to flexible in various situations.