Product Id: 26776355
Description: Cisco UCS 6296UP Fabric Interconnect - Switch - managed - 18 x 10 Gigabit / FCoE SFP+ - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: UCS-FI-6296UP=
The Cisco UCS 6296UP 96-Port Fabric Interconnect is a core part of the Cisco unified computing system. Typically deployed in redundant pairs, the Cisco UCS 6296UP Fabric Interconnects provide uniform access to both networks and storage.
- Increased bandwidth up to 1920 Gbps
- Higher port density: up to 96 ports in two racks unit including three expansion modules with 16 unified ports each
- High-performance, flexible, unified ports capable of line-rate, low-latency, lossless 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Reduced port-to-port latency from 3.2 microseconds to 2 microseconds Fiber Channel
- Centralized unified management with Cisco UCS manager
- Efficient cooling and serviceability: front-to-back cooling, redundant front-plug fans and power supplies, and rear cabling
- Highly scalable architecture
The fabric extender architecture scales up to 20 chassis in a single unified system without additional complexity, eliminating dedicated chassis management and blade switches, and reducing cabling.
- Virtual-machine-optimized services
VM-FEX technology helps enable a consistent operational model and visibility between physical and virtual environments; it simplifies enforcement of security and network policy when moving virtual machines across hosts.