Product Id: 26776086
Description: Black Box Pro Switching System NBS A/B (All 8 Pins) - Switch - managed - 8 x 10/100/1000 + 8 x 10/100/1000 + 8 x 10/100/1000 - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: NBSALL8MGR
Use this layer 1 switching system to add network backup and failover switching to your data networks. It's ideal for mission-critical applications, including classified information and military systems, broadcast networks, and stock exchanges.
With the Pro Switching System 1U NBS, it's very simple to switch all users from a main network to a backup network. Locally, this is done using a momentary toggle switch on the chassis' front or from a serial RS-232 workstation. But it also supports control from a remote workstation via its 10BASE-T Ethernet port. Through this TCP/IP connection, you can switch and monitor the system's circuits using Telnet, SNMP, or a Web browser link.
The switching system also features auto bypass and auto recovery functions. If the "normal" network paths between the chassis and the device being monitored go down for any reason, the chassis will automatically switch from the normal connection state to the bypass, or failover, connection state.
This model switches all eight leads on the RJ-45 ports. It's designed for use in 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-TX Ethernet networks, for switching RS-232 circuits that use both data and hardware handshake leads, or any application that requires use of more than four leads.
Each switching circuit has a common (C) port that's latched to its associated A or B port, which means it passes signals even if the chassis is without AC power. Because its relays are physically latched into position, once a position is set, it stays set. The switch circuit is as reliable as the CATx cables connected to it.
A key-lockable switch secures the gang switching function. With the key-lock switch in the enabled position, all ports in the Pro Switching System 1U NBS can be simultaneously switched by pressing the momentary toggle switch on the chassis' front.
Need to add ports later? Simply daisychain multiple Pro Switching System 1U NBS chassis together - up to 255 in all - and control them as a single system.
- Shut off access to your private network based on time of day, virus detection, or hacker alerts
- Provides A/B switching between 10/100/1000 terminated copper networks
- Manage via Ethernet (Telnet, SNMP, or a Web browser)
- Latches the A/B position to keep signals moving even if power is lost
- Enables individual or simultaneous (ganged) control of circuits
- Switch manually, electronically via a local RS-232 console, or remotely over a TCP/IP network
- Lockable switch with removable key for securing gang switching control
- Supports connections to Gigabit Ethernet segments
- Features highly reliable internal telecommunications relays
- Transparent to data rates, protocols, formats, and signal levels
- Compact, 1U-high rackmountable chassis
- Includes dual power inputs for redundancy
- Daisychain multiple units for up to 4080 ports or 255 chassis