Product Id: 26758753
Description: Black Box - Device server - 2 ports - 100Mb LAN, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485
Mfr Part #: LES302A
Use your Ethernet network to reliably access remote RS-232 devices or RS-422/-485 industrial equipment from a remote workstation.
The 2-port 10/100 device server gives you a cost-effective gateway for TCP/IP Ethernet and serial signal communications, enabling nearly any serial devices to be connected to a new or existing Ethernet network. It does this by encapsulating serial data and transporting it over Ethernet, communicating full-duplex and transmitting bidirectional data transparently between the serial port and a network. Plus, it's easy to configure. You can do this remotely over the Ethernet link using Telnet, a Web browser link, a serial console, or another Windows utility.
Ideal for any manufacturing, process engineering, or automation application, the 1-port 10/100 device server, RS-232/422/485 can also be used to communicate with bar-code scanners, terminals, PLCs, electronic Kanban inventory management devices, and similar equipment on the factory floor.
- An easy way to remotely monitor, manage, and control your industrial devices in the field
- Very compact
- Features TCP server/client, UDP, virtual COM, and tunneling modes
- Ideal for controlling manufacturing or automation devices over a LAN
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Ethernet port
- Rugged, metal case that can be wall or DIN rail mounted
- Firmware can be upgraded over an Ethernet network from a remote PC
- On serial side, features 15-kV ESD protection