Product Id: 26748808
Description: Black Box G.SHDSL Two-Wire Extender/NTU - Short-haul modem - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet - 10Base-T, 100Base-TX - up to 15.9 km
Mfr Part #: LB510A-R2
Save on cabling costs! A Black Box 10Base-T/100Base-TX G. SHDSL two-wire extender/NTU works as a symmetrical, high-data-rate DSL (G.SHDSL) modem and enables you to use just two wires to extend Ethernet and Fast Ethernet communications at higher speeds in a point-to-point application.
The extender/NTU works in a pair communicating across dry, two-wire copper cable of any gauge from 19 AWG (0.9 mm) to 26 AWG (0.4 mm). You may even be able to use the telephone wiring already connecting offices or buildings in your application.
Using the DIP switch on the extender/NTU or a Telnet connection, you can set its rate in 64 Kbps increments to provide a precise amount of bandwidth to users and to get either greater speed or greater distance. The extender/NTU uses Trellis-Coded Pulse Amplitude Modulation (TCPAM) to enhance its performance and support distances twice as far as conventional TDM technologies up to 9.9 miles when using 19 AWG wiring and operating at 192 Kbps speeds.
- Probes voice-grade wiring to determine the optimum data rate supported
- Supports G.994.2 handshaking, enabling it to adapt the rate automatically to the existing line conditions
- Features a Telnet port for managing via a console connection
- Simple to set up and, once configured, operates transparently
- Transformer-coupled two-wire interface boasts 2500-VRMS isolation