Product Id: 26367653
Description: BUSlink CipherShield Encryption External Drive CSE-4T-SU3 - Hard drive - encrypted - 4 TB - external (desktop) - USB 3.0 / eSATA-300 - 256-bit AES
Mfr Part #: CSE-4T-SU3
With today's ever increasing demand for bigger data storage space, there is also a need to achieve a faster and higher speed in data delivery. BUSlink SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is a major step forward to the faster and more efficient data transfer interface. With transfer rate up to 4.8 Gbits/s, USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than the ubiquitous USB 2.0 that has transfer rate of 480 Mbits/s.
BUSlink USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hard drives are backward compatible with USB 2.0. Higher speed and better power management makes USB 3.0 ideal for transporting terabytes of information and videos-related files. However, in order to achieve a USB 3.0 speed and take advantage of its features, a USB 3.0 cable is needed to connect to USB 3.0 port with USB 3.0 controller.
BUSlink CipherShield encrypted hard drive prevents unauthorized access to your digital data. Using the latest cryptography algorithm software to protect sensitive file is nothing new. However, loading that same encryption into a removable CipherKey - that when removed not only makes all the data stored completely unreadable, but the drive itself becomes transparent and is completely invisible to the operating system. Plug the CipherKey in, the drive is once again visible and files immediately decrypted and accessible. The fact that this drive is portable, can plug into any USB port and immediately accessible on any operating system, is just icing on the cake.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant and NIST certified AES 256-bit hardware encryption algorithm
- RAID 0 configuration for increased I/O performance for 4 TB and above
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with CipherKey to authenticate the drive
- Faster, easier to use, and provide a better security than software encryption
- Encryption is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- Conforms to HIPAA regulation regarding patient privacy, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance over corporate financial and accounting practice