Product Id: 26142387
Description: Black Box Micro Mini Media Converter - Fiber media converter - Gigabit Ethernet - 10Base-T, 100Base-FX, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T - RJ-45 / SC multi-mode - up to 5 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: LMC402A
The Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for bringing fiber to the desktop and for mobile applications where light weight, compact size, and low power requirements are critical.
This ultra-compact media converter is portable yet powerful. For extra versatility, it can be USB-powered, making it easy to provide fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, for instance, field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop. For easy portability, this tiny converter conveniently slips into a pocket or laptop carrying case.
The converter is Plug-and-Play with an RJ-45 port that autonegotiates for speed, duplex mode, and crossover functions for PCs with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T Ethernet. On the fiber side, the converter has an SC connector for connection to multimode fiber.
Because it can be powered through a computer's USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for connections to fiber in areas where a spare power outlet may not be available. When plugged into a computer's USB port, the media converter shuts down automatically when you turn off the computer, which saves energy.
- Bring fiber to the desktop conveniently and cost-effectively
- Ultra compact
- Tucks unobtrusively behind a PC
- USB-powered for portability, or use it with the included power adapter
- Plug-and-Play capability with auto-negotiation
- SFP port supports 100BASE-FX using 155-Mbps SFP transceivers
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T
- Supports Jumbo Ethernet frames up to 10,240 bytes
- LED indicators for power, UTP, and fiber status