Product Id: 26109087
Description: Cisco Nexus 7000 M2-Series 24 Port 10 GbE with XL Option - Switch - L3 - 24 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ - plug-in module
Mfr Part #: N7K-M224XP-23L=
The Cisco Nexus 7000 M2-Series 24-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet with XL Option is a highly scalable, high-performance module offering outstanding flexibility and full-featured, non-blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet performance on each port. The Cisco Nexus 7000 M2-Series module facilitates the deployment of high-density, high-bandwidth, scalable network architectures, especially in large network cores and in service provider and Internet peering environments.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 series switch provides the foundation of the Cisco Unified Fabric. It is designed for highly scalable 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks. The fabric architecture is designed to support high-density 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet deployments. To meet the requirements of the most mission-critical network environments, the switch delivers continuous system operations and virtualized services. The Cisco Nexus 7000 series is designed with enhanced features to deliver real-time system upgrades with exceptional manageability and serviceability.
- XL mode enables a larger forwarding table, providing investment protection through increased system flexibility and ease of sparing
- The comprehensive set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions makes this module ideal for data center networks
- Virtual output queuing (VOQ) with centralized arbitration - VOQ enables fairness when one or more destinations are congested and supports lossless unified fabric
- Load sharing across all fabric modules - through its high-availability design, bandwidth is shared across all fabric modules simultaneously for optimal performance
- Distributed forwarding - through its fully distributed data plane, the module offers high-performance parallel forwarding
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) - supports MPLS forwarding in hardware
- IEEE 1588 PTP - the module supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP) based on IEEE 1588
- Identification (ID) LED - through the beacon feature, administrators can clearly identify the module for a service condition; ports on the I/O module can send beacons as well