Product Id: 26086554
Description: ATEN KL1508AiN - KVM console with KVM switch - 8 ports - PS/2, USB - 19" - rack-mountable - 1280 x 1024 - VGA - 1U
Mfr Part #: KL1508AiN
The KL1508Ai dual rail LCD KVM Switch is a control unit that allows secure access up to 8 computers from a single KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) console. It consists of an integrated LCD monitor, keyboard, and touchpad in a 1 U rack-mountable retractable sliding housing.
The LCD and keyboard/touchpad modules slide independently of each other. To maximize space in your data center, the keyboard/touchpad module slides back to " hideaway " when not in use, while the thin profile LCD monitor rotates back - flush against the rack - allowing convenient monitoring of computer activity.
The KL1508Ai features IP-based connectivity that allows local and remote operators to monitor and access the computers on your installation. Because it uses TCP/IP for its communications protocol, the KL1508Ai can be accessed from any computer on the LAN, WAN, or Internet - whether that computer is located down the hall, down the street, or halfway around the world.
Compact, high-density, RJ-45 connectors and CAT 5e/6 cable make for a compact, efficient, wiring configuration, while the use of KVM Adapter Cables to link to the computers, permits any combination of PCs, Macs, Sun computers, and serial devices to coexist on the installation.
For added convenience, ports for an external keyboard, monitor, and mouse are provided on the rear panel - permitting you to manage the switch from a local console. There is also an external USB mouse port on the keyboard module, allowing you to use an external mouse, rather than the touchpad.
- Integrated KVM console with 19" LCD monitor in a dual rail housing
- A single console controls up to 8 computers
- One bus for remote KVM over IP access
- KVM adapter cables designed with automatic conversion to allow flexible interface combinations to control all computer types
- Extra console por - manage computers in the LCD KVM switch from an external console
- Supports external USB mouse
- Dual rail housing is slightly less than 1 U with top and bottom clearance for smooth operation in 1 U of rack space
- Dual rail - LCD monitor slides independently of the keyboard/touchpad
- LCD module rotates up to 120 degrees for a more comfortable viewing angle
- Console lock - enables the console drawer to remain securely locked away in position when not in use
- LCD power button helps save energy and prolong displays' life
- End session feature - administrators can terminate any running session
- Adapter ID - stores port information allowing administrators to relocate servers to different ports, without having to reconfigure the adapters and switch
- Port share mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
- Firmware upgradeable
- IPv6 capable
- Easy computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkey mode, OSD (OnScreen Display), and browser-based GUI
- Local console, browser, and AP GUIs offer a unified multi language interface to minimize user training time and increase productivity
- Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without the need for Java to be pre-installed
- 128-bit SSL encryption to protect password when users log in
- IP/MAC filter support for enhanced security protection
- Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
- Video quality and video tolerance can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
- Full-screen or sizable and scalable virtual remote desktop
- Message board feature allows logged in users to communicate with each other
- Mouse DynaSync - automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
- On-screen keyboard with multi language support
- BIOS-level access