Product Id: 26079792
Description: Addonics NAS 4.0 Adapter NAS40ESU - NAS server - SATA 1.5Gb/s - Gigabit Ethernet
Mfr Part #: NAS40ESU
The NAS 4.0 is Addonics' NAS adapter with several major enhancements. Comes with two eSATAp ports that allows attaching either two eSATA or two USB 2.0 storage devices onto the LAN, as many as 16 storages devices (or drive volume) can be attached to the NAS 4.0 using USB hubs. With these many drives, you can easily share multi-Terabyte storage over LAN or build your own private cloud storage that can be accessed via the built-in FTP server.
Performance of the NAS 4.0 is quadrupled from the previous NAS adapter to 75 Mbps over 1G network. Both the maximum number of SMB and FTP accounts as well as the concurrent users supported by the NAS 4.0 is vastly expanded to support over thousands and hundreds respectively.
The NAS 4.0 also support storage devices with multiple partitions, with each partition appearing as a share folder on the network. The supported file system now includes XFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NTFS and FAT32. A very large storage in excess of hundreds or thousands of Terabytes storage capacity can be easily built by attaching multiple units of Addonics RAID Towers or RAID Racks. A storage farm with capacity exceeding many commercial data center can be easily put together at just a fraction of the cost of an enterprise storage system.
- Turn any eSATA or USB mass storage device into a network attached storage appliance
- Great for attaching Addonics Raid Tower/RAID Rack, Flash reader and any Addonics USB storage device onto the network
- A powerful tool for creating a custom network attached storage appliance
- Two eSATAp ports for connecting two eSATA storage devices for high performance or two USB 2.0 storage devices
- Support Up to 15 partitions per storage device - giving a maximum 240 drive volumes on the network
- Built-In SMB/Samba server for file sharing over LAN
- Built-in FTP server for file access over the Internet
- Support any eSATA or USB storage with XFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, NTFS or FAT32 file system
- Built-in file formatting utility for XFS and EXT3
- Support 10/100/1000 Mbps network
- Built-in MLDonkey client for direct download to the attached storage device
- Web GUI administration
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5" USB hard drives or any low power USB storage device
- Simple to install
- Can be installed practically anywhere
- Rugged metal enclosure for use in wide range of application environments