Product Id: 26046923
Description: Cisco Transport Node Controller Enhanced - Network monitoring device - SONET/SDH, PTP - plug-in module - for ONS 15454
Mfr Part #: 15454-M-TNCE-K9=
Nonvolatile database storage for communication, provisioning, and system control is provided, allowing full database recovery and survivability with complete system power loss. In addition, short-term clock recovery is also supported, reducing the need to reset the calendar and ToD settings after a brownout or complete power outage. A memory module is built into each ONS 15454 MSTP and NCS 2000 Series chassis and synchronized with the memory of the cards, thereby providing a backup to the node IP address, software package, and circuit database. This synchronization provides faster time to recovery when the node is used in simplex mode during a control-card replacement.
The cards have two built-in interface ports for accessing the system: an RJ-45 connector and an RS-232. The RJ-45 port provides 10BASE-T Ethernet connectivity to the system, providing local and remote access to the craft-management system, Cisco Transport Controller, through a common web interface. You can also use this port for interconnection to customer operations support systems (OSSs) and network management systems (NMSs), providing integration to external element management systems (EMSs), NMSs, and OSSs.
The cards provide enhanced security by allowing you to configure the front panel and chassis Ethernet interfaces as regenerators or provision them with individual IP and MAC addresses for segregated craft and DCC access. The RS-232 port provides a serial ASCII interface for local craft access using VT100 emulation so that you can enter Transaction Language 1 (TL1) commands directly over a Telnet session without the assistance of a browser.
The front panels of the cards multicolored LEDs for a quick view of the card activity status, raised network alarms, shelf voltage input, LAN interface, and synchronization. Two front-panel buttons allow you to quiet an active external audible alarm (alarm-cutoff button) or test the working state of system LEDs.
- Integrated optical service channel (OSC): each ONS 15454 TNC, TNCE, or TNCS card can be configured with one or two SFP ports to provide the OSC termination. In addition to OC-3/STM-1, the OSC can be configured with Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet for increased bandwidth and compatibility in future packet transport architectures
- Eighty-four section DCC (SDCC) and multiplex section DCC (MSDCC) terminations allow the interconnection of multiring and linear systems on a single-shelf assembly, reducing networking costs
- Eighty-four SDCC tunnels or SDCC-to-line DCC (LDCC) tunnels provide interface flexibility for transparent transport of third-party DCC overhead channels
- Integrated system input-voltage monitoring facilitates proactive identification of DC power-system problems
- Time-and-date clock recovery after brownout or power loss prevents clock reprogramming
- A complete shelf lamp test through a faceplate pushbutton simplifies technician LED maintenance testing
- Local and remote craft user access allows technicians to access nodes from anywhere
- Local audible alarm cutoff squelches office audible or visual alert systems
- Through the Cisco ONS 15454 M6 External Connection Unit (ECU), the cards support connection to up to six subtended shelves or to the master shelf
- The cards support up to 24 dry-contact external alarms